Netgear Powerline

Started by DigiCorn, December 29, 2013, 08:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiCorn

For the record Netgear forums suck balls.

I have a 5001 and a 5004 and they worked awesomely... enough to stream HDX via vudu from over 50 feet away.. but then I added two 1301v2s and now my 5001 and 5004 suck donkey dick, and I'm a sad panda. the 1301v2s work, but don't broadcast remotely over the web when accessed via 3rd party software on a smart phone and I don't know why; it works when hard wired.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

gnubler

Your family is in the hospital and this is even an issue on your mind right now?

Huh.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

Quote from: DigiCorn on December 29, 2013, 08:45:13 PMFor the record Netgear forums suck balls.

I have a 5001 and a 5004 and they worked awesomely... enough to stream HDX via vudu from over 50 feet away.. but then I added two 1301v2s and now my 5001 and 5004 suck donkey dick, and I'm a sad panda. the 1301v2s work, but don't broadcast remotely over the web when accessed via 3rd party software on a smart phone and I don't know why; it works when hard wired.

Yes and

jmizoguchi

your ass will be :banned: if you even think about going off topic. Or just asking a question in the wrong place.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

I don't know Dan Korn but yes.

born2print

How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

gnubler

When I used to search the FusionPro forum I occasionally saw threads of Corn vs Korn. Very entertaining!

born2print

gnubler

born2print

I know, but the alternative was TMZ so.... yeah.

DigiCorn

Still no answer from Netgear. FTR, I was relocating the man cave from what is now going to be the baby's room into the garage, so I had to rewire the network. I was trying to use the Powerline connection because the first one I bought worked so well, but now they are both in the shitter. I removed the 1301v2s entirely, but the 5001/5004 combo that was so awesome before is now limping along. I'm having an electrician add an outlet behind my living room entertainment center to see if proper rewiring can solve the issue, but if not, I'll have to tunnel under the house and run Cat 6 everywhere, which is probably going to require literal tunneling or hiring a small person, because the HVAC return ductwork under the house physically prevents someone my size from accessing the living room.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

DigiCorn

thought this was 42 seconds, but apparently it's minutes...
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Could be hours...or days...or weeks...or months! :laugh:

DigiCorn

Rewiring the room in question to properly ground now... no more hole in the stucco, and no more 6-foot copper rod buried just outside the room.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

DigiCorn

Ran a line across the eaves to the main box and grounded it on the same terminal strip that Comcast installed to ground their line. Also cut into the drywall and installed a second dedicated outlet so no more power strips, extension cords or multiple things plugged in; the one "power strip" I am using is a MonsterTM Clean Power system, designed for such use. Anyway, Powerline problem solved! I can stream HDX again! Yippee!
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway