Illy CC 2015 stroke shift

Started by Grimace, July 09, 2015, 09:07:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grimace

So this happened.
Copied from one file to paste into another, the art is offset, only the strokes.
If I select all strokes and assign a color(even the same color) it will snap back to the correct position.
So, why? Never had this happen before.

Did an uninstall/restart/reinstall/restart and the problem persists.

Joe

Can you post the file it is happening with? I just tried it by creating some lines and copying and pasting from one document to another and it didn't happen on what I had created. Also there was an update for Illy CC2015 last night/early this morning...have you installed that.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Grimace

Quote from: Joe on July 09, 2015, 09:58:16 AMCan you post the file it is happening with? I just tried it by creating some lines and copying and pasting from one document to another and it didn't happen on what I had created. Also there was an update for Illy CC2015 last night/early this morning...have you installed that.
Well, that's the thing, i can create any file and it will happen, but only on my machine.
We have 5 iMacs all of the same generation all purchased at the same time, I'm the only one with the issue.
I was hoping it was a settings issue or something I guess.
I must have the latest version, as I just installed this morning.

Grimace

I take that back. It only seems to happen with files previously created. 
I'll do some trials and see just what circumstances are needed.

wonderings

Did you clear your preferences for illustrator? I think they can remain behind after an uninstall. If it is only happening with that one mac it could be something in Illustrators preferences.

Grimace

I think i did. I remember a prompt asking if I wanted to clear prefs or import along with CC Sync settings. I started as fresh as I could.
I will study up on how to best clear preferences though, just in case i need to do it all over again.

Joe

Hold down SHIFT+CONTROL+OPTION+COMMAND and start Illustrator. It will prompt to ask if you are sure you want to delete the preferences.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Tracy

If that doesn't work, check your ruler guides in the original file maybe they are not set to 0

paste in front or paste in place
that's all I got :laugh:

I think I misread the post-carry on