Wireless Routers

Started by DigiCorn, February 19, 2013, 01:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Quote from: DigiCorn on September 05, 2013, 07:49:08 AMgot the response... and since it's not possible... eBay!

QuoteThank you for contacting ASUS Customer Service.
My name is Joe* and it is my pleasure to help you with your problem.

Yes, the RT-AC66U is sure to be a main router and connect to D-Link DAP1522 which is in AP mode. But I want to tell you that when you want to setup AP mode of your D-Link, you should connect the D-Link to the RT-AC66U by wired.

*I'm sure that's just a coincidence.

You just never know now do you...

But it is pretty much what I told you earlier about connecting them via wired. :tongue:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigiCorn

I was using that DLink DAP1522 in bridge mode to feed my dumb tv, bluray and satellite receiver. I have a Roku and Wii sitting out there too. The DLink and the Roku weren't working real well - struggling while streaming (the Wii was fine). There aren't any AC range extenders on the market (well, maybe one Linksys, but no more Linksys for me), and there aren't any AC 4-port bridges on the market (yet) so I went to a powerline 4-port connection and hardwired the Roku along with the other three devices. That solved my streaming issue.

Anyway, I still had the DLink, so I though as long as I still have it, why not make it an access point? Since it has to be hard wired to be an access point, and only offers WEP because the ASUS limits it, I have no use for it... eBay time! Unless one of you guys wants it. I paid something like $75-90 for it about 3 years ago, but I had gift cards so it was kind of free. It goes on amazon for $63.40 new (DLink DAP1522), but I'd sell it for $35 (including shipping costs).
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

t-pat

I'm set up for a total cost of around $30 with 2 used WRT-54xx Linksys (yeah I know... but you can use Belkin or many other brands with supported chipsets, your existing ones may even be supported), and DD-WRT loaded on both.

One is hard wired to the cable modem and out to several devices in the house. The other is in the garage on a wireless bridge, and all the lan ports as well as the wireless work as expected. At one point I had the one currently in the garage up in the bedroom with the roku hard wired to it, bridged to the main one wireless. Streaming always worked on the Roku, either wireless or wired to the bridge, no streaming or quality issues.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait