News:

Main Menu

NZBs

Started by DigiCorn, February 24, 2014, 03:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiCorn

Anyone utilizing this form of technology, and what's your source?

I'm all dialed in with Sickbeard (tv) and Couch Potato (movies) with SABNzbd managing my downloads through usenet, but finding reliable NZBs has been an issue.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Never heard of it. What are you using Sickbeard and Couch Potato with?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigiCorn

SABNzbd does all the downloading. I have been using usenet-crawler but it's been down a lot lately. I also try to use oznzb, but a lot of the nzbs are incomplete or offline.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

gnubler

Quote from: DigiCorn on February 24, 2014, 03:14:11 PMI'm all dialed in with Sickbeard (tv) and Couch Potato (movies) with SABNzbd managing my downloads through usenet, but finding reliable NZBs has been an issue.

If you could just throw in a q there somewhere, that could be the new Quick Fox/Lazy Dog sentence.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

born2print

Quote from: gnubler on February 25, 2014, 02:03:40 PM
Quote from: DigiCorn on February 24, 2014, 03:14:11 PMI'm all dialed in with Sickbeard (tv) and Couch Potato (movies) with SABNzbd managing my downloads through usenet, but finding reliable NZBs has been an issue.

If you could just throw in a q there somewhere, that could be the new Quick Fox/Lazy Dog sentence.
:lmao:
My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said

delooch

that couch potato looks nice. im still doing the browse-and-click method.

DigiCorn

it is. you just tell it what you want, and when it's available it downloads it and sends you an email when it's ready.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DigiCorn

I'm a big fan of "episodes," but I no longer subscribe to Showtime, plus I also always forget when it's on. The nzb method through sickbeard (tv) also does what couch potato (movies) does; as long as your computer is up, running and available to go on line, it searches every predetermined time increment for new nzbs. If it finds one, it downloads it, and then lets you know it's in the folder you downloaded too. Much safer than torrents, but you have to have a usenet account to help manage the glut of bandwidth (and also to conceal what you're doing from your isp). It's always nice to get that email and tell me I have a new episode of "episodes," to watch. This is also how I get "Game of Thrones," without HBO.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Slappy

So, would this be a viable way to watch series like house of Cards, Orange is the New Black, etc? Wife's been wanting to watch them, but at the rate we get through shows now, I'd rather get them all at once on local storage. If they'd just sell Blu-rays I'd gladly buy 'em, I just don't need another subscription I won't use to its full value.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

DigiCorn

Couch Potato, SABNzbd and SickBeard are all free. There are some nzb sources that are also free, but it's the secret hidden pay ones where you'll find everything. A lot of nzb sites that are pay sites want payment via bitcoin only, probably because it's harder to trace. The free ones have broken or incomplete nzbs (or the owner of the program gets the nzbs they can find removed) a lot of times, so it can sometimes be frustrating to complete a series (I'm having trouble getting GoT S3:E10).

https://www.usenet-crawler.com/ is the best free one I have found so far, but it's down sometimes... and like I said, some of the nzbs are incomplete.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

DigiCorn

There are nzbs there? I thought it was just a streaming page
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Downloads. Though not nzb's. There is a plugin for XBMC that works great!

DigiCorn

― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway