News:

Main Menu

Mac OS addons

Started by gnubler, November 29, 2012, 01:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnubler

Do you use any 3rd party addons for the Mac OS? Which ones and why? Are there any you have found you couldn't live without? (in prepress or personally)

I'm running 10.5.8. Any recommended linkies of sites with the most popular/highest rated addons?
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Slappy

:lmao:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

t-pat

Quote from: gnubler on November 29, 2012, 01:01:33 PMDo you use any 3rd party addons for the Mac OS? Which ones and why? Are there any you have found you couldn't live without? (in prepress or personally)

I'm running 10.5.8. Any recommended linkies of sites with the most popular/highest rated addons?

Default Folder X. Hands down the one piece of add on I seriously don't know how I worked without until I came here.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

gnubler

That's kinda sorta exactly what I'm looking for. Effing sick of Indy or the Mac not remembering the last folders I was in.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Slappy

I do love WindowShadeX from Unsanity, it brings back the collapsible window feature from OS 9 days. It also has some other features I don't use like making Finder windows transparent and whatnot.

I also had a demo for Moom from ManyTricks lets you arrange windows in the Finder & most apps in preset grids. Hard to explain, watch their demo vid. I can't quite spring the $10 for it, but it would save me countless hours af dragging & sizing windows every day.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

DCurry

I second Default Folder X - I don't have it at the new gig and it is torture! I wish Apple would just license it and build it into the OS.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Slappy

Yeah, at $35 it's way more than I want to spend for my workplace. If I did any serious work at home I could justify it & install at work anyway, but I just don't.

t-pat

Quote from: Slappy on November 29, 2012, 03:38:14 PMYeah, at $35 it's way more than I want to spend for my workplace. If I did any serious work at home I could justify it & install at work anyway, but I just don't.

It's worth $35 in the amount of time it saves, for me I believe it paid for itself in about a day.
vdp donkey

Slappy

I believe you, I've just paid out of my own pocket for time-savers and plug-ins, etc. at previous jobs too many times to count. Not going down that path again.

frailer

Quote from: DCurry on November 29, 2012, 03:24:13 PMI second Default Folder X - I don't have it at the new gig and it is torture! I wish Apple would just license it and build it into the OS.

Finally getting into the swing of using it. Yeah, why don't they buy those developers out and haul it into the tent.   :rolleyes:  It's great, reduces folder/file rat-running significantly.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

t-pat

Quote from: frailer on March 08, 2013, 04:58:34 AM
Quote from: DCurry on November 29, 2012, 03:24:13 PMI second Default Folder X - I don't have it at the new gig and it is torture! I wish Apple would just license it and build it into the OS.

Finally getting into the swing of using it. Yeah, why don't they buy those developers out and haul it into the tent.   :rolleyes:  It's great, reduces folder/file rat-running significantly.

the only problem I have with it is that it doesn't work on Windows.

vdp donkey

gnubler

I think Windows is your problem there.  :laugh: