News:

Main Menu

Office 365 Outlook

Started by frailer, December 05, 2018, 09:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

We were changed over (enterprise level) last year, so no longer running Mail.

Is there a way of doing a search field/select so that all emails prior to a certain date be selected, then Trashed?

ATM I'm finding that if I try a Shift-Select by scrolling out of view, it doesn't pick em up properly. (could be me...).
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

mc hristel

It looks like you should be able to set up a rule for your inbox where it will move and/or trash anything after a set date or within a set date range, but I can't find anything where it will look and trash anything older than xx number of days.
What I did:
- Selected an existing message
- In the top bar you get a bunch of options including "Sweep", click on that
- It brings up a dialog pertaining to that e-mail but in the lower left corner there it says "View Rules", click on this
- Now you can set up a new rule by pressing the + button at the top of the listed rules (if there are any)
- You can then do the "It's received within a specific date span..." check and have it move or outright delete the messages.

I think this will apply directly to the Inbox so anytime you open Outlook it will check for messages that match and will move them. Unfortunately I can't see any way to have it look and delete mail that's over say 14 days old or something like that.

Maybe not the best solution and others may have other ideas, but having to use 365 Outlook myself I feel your pain.

Joe

So I have to ask why you have to use 365 Outlook. I think Apple Mail can get mail from a Microsoft solution can't it?

[attach width=400]19214[/attach]
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

mc hristel

I can't speak for frailer, but for us the corporate office has us locked into accessing e-mail through a web client, and in particular Chrome (ugh I hate Chrome). We can't even get to the web without being logged in and authenticated which is a huge pain in the back side. At least in theory we can use the outlook app, but to set it up we need to go through IT. <sigh>

Slappy

Quote from: Joe on December 06, 2018, 08:26:50 AMSo I have to ask why you have to use 365 Outlook. I think Apple Mail can get mail from a Microsoft solution can't it?

[attach width=400]19214[/attach]
Yeah, we forced our local IT company to make sure the Mac Mails client(s) worked with the Outlook 365 server when we switched too. Was a little painful and took much Googling but we got it together, mostly.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

mc hristel

Sadly for us the corporate office (who is making the decisions) is the IT department.  :strangle:

delooch

Our IT is so detached from what we do here.

I have to fill out a form and wait 2 days to get access to a dropbox/online file sharing account. At the same time i have a 5MB attachment limit on my email.. Tie my fucking hands why dont you...

I recently obtained the ability to install fonts on my system.. 15 fucking years and i can finally install a font. WOOHOO!

..and should i ask for a system upgrade so my worskstation might be more powerful than suzyQ secretary?? good luck..

somedays im surprised i have Adobe CC and pitstop, why not force me to work in MS Office? im sure thats around the corner..

Fresno is the 5th largest city in CA.. We act like a fucking 1880s cow town to this day.
I fell they dont take my department seriously

Joe

Are they aware they would have to pay for MS Office? They could give you Open Office for FREE! :rotf:

delooch

no doubt. I keep coming through though. Seems like they are looking for this place to fail sometimes.

I keep one of my old laptops in my desk, its loaded with everything i could possibly ever need.  If i hit a brick wall, i pull it out and let it do its magic unrestricted. They would freak out if they knew.

but you know what? it gets the job done. its ridiculous that i have to use my own equipment to be efficient, but it makes me look like a hero every time..

frailer

Quote from: mc hristel on December 06, 2018, 04:20:29 PMI can't speak for frailer, but for us the corporate office has us locked into accessing e-mail through a web client, and in particular Chrome (ugh I hate Chrome). We can't even get to the web without being logged in and authenticated which is a huge pain in the back side. At least in theory we can use the outlook app, but to set it up we need to go through IT. <sigh>

...our assumed, and implied, situation. Not sticking my neck out there. But I'll look at 'Sweep' tomorrow.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Ear

I've set up Macs with Apple Mail and Outlook (different machines), to connect with Outlook 365/Exchange with great success. I just did an install for a client who wanted Outlook on his new MBP, for email and it was an easy setup.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Joe

Quote from: Ear on December 18, 2018, 10:54:25 PMI've set up Macs with Apple Mail and Outlook (different machines), to connect with Outlook 365/Exchange with great success. I just did an install for a client who wanted Outlook on his new nMBP, for email and it was an easy setup.

I despise Outlook on the pc. Can't imagine I'd like it on the Mac.