News:

Main Menu

refrying

Started by Tracy, September 09, 2014, 09:20:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy

I put a pdf into indy to add fold marks, I noticed the color changes on the image
even when I select no color conversion.

also is there a way to add fold marks in acro
I will post this question in XMF as well

Farabomb

I know you can manually place marks in preps. I actually watched someone place all the crop marks this way. Not sure about XMF.

Bet you could add the marks in pitstop as well.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Ear

You can automatically add fold marks in XMF... trim marks, crosshairs, whatever the flavor.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Tracy

Quote from: Ear on September 09, 2014, 10:04:57 AMYou can automatically add fold marks in XMF... trim marks, crosshairs, whatever the flavor.
can you add a random mark?
this was a trifold already setup (3even panels) and I wanted to add a mark to show the undercut.

also it's helpful for me to cut and fold the proof to have the marks on there.
why would refrying change the color?
and how to avoid it?

Ear

I see what you're saying, Tracy. I have not found an easy way to draw a non-trim or sheet edge/center mark, for things like mid-page folds. You can, however, create a crosshair in InDy or Illy, save as PDF and import as a custom mark. I do this with my registration diamonds for the webs and it works great.

As far as a refry changing color... sounds like a profile problem or an export setting. I don't usually see that happen. I have seen it, but haven't had a problem with it in a long time.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Joe

You can easily create a fold mark using the Pitstop path tool. If you need to add a white margin for the marks you can increase the media size via Pitstop as well.

As far as an image changing colors...did the original have an ICC profile tagged?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Tracy

thanks for the info on the marks going to check it out.

yes there was an icc profile

the only reason I noticed the difference in the color is I had 2 items, 1 I refried and 1 I didn't

should I be removing the icc profile?
why is the icc profile in there?

Joe

99% of the time I prefer to remove the profile as any file I get is sure to be coming from someone that does not know what they are doing, re: color management.

Try removing the profile with Pitstop and then placing it back into Indy and make a new one.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Tracy

removing icc changed the color, but I think it is the way it's suppose to be.

thanks Joe, I have a better understanding of Icc than I did

sheesh more to check for

frailer

use these quite a bit, for the one-off fiddly jobs like you describe. As ear says, Imported Custom Marks are the go...
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Ear

Yep, thems the ones. It even lets you drag and place like layout art, then you can refine the coordinate numbers.

Tracy

nice!
can I get a screen shot of putting them in place?
no rush, whenever you can.

I did try it with pitstop, I just copied and pasted a crop mark into position.

Tracy

Here's a new one, I stepped a job in indy.

2-up of every page, the link is a pdf
when I make a pdf of the 2-up job, one of the pages
has text flow, one on the left ok, one on the right not
same exact pdf, how is that even possible?

frailer

Quote from: Tracy on September 10, 2014, 11:22:55 AMnice!
can I get a screen shot of putting them in place?
no rush, whenever you can.

I did try it with pitstop, I just copied and pasted a crop mark into position.

Here's a link. MOV file... only 22 MB. Slow pace; always slower when you're being recorded.   :laugh:

You can watch online, or use the Download > bottom right... L'il down arrow. You'd get better reso running it locally.The last bit is me anchoring it to the left trim corner. Always anchor stuff like that. That way, if they increase the grip, or you have to move it in some way, your custom mark won't fall inside the job.
Shift+Control + mouse on anchor-target; then 'lock' radio button ... but you knew that.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Tracy

thanks Frailer! I will watch it today