Here it comes....

Started by Joe, March 24, 2010, 10:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

jezza

one sick prepress mofo

frailer

:shocked:  The skill in PhSh will be increasingly in remembering where all those 'auto' features are, and how to tidy up afterwards.    :laugh:

Oh yeah, the sweet spot for upgrade in pp. About 3-4 months right. Avoid the nasty bugs, but be ready for most new adopters incoming.   :undecided:

Wonder how the GFC will affect uptake. Too soon, anyway, but we knew that. 
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

That content aware filter is pretty frickin' amazing.

Money being tight and Adobe pulling the plug on the Print Service Provider program probably equals us not seeing it. Any designer using it will most likely be required to send us a PDF. No real need for the apps they used to design it with.

beermonster

crayup - am still on cs3 :embarrassed:
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

Joe

Quote from: beermonster on March 25, 2010, 02:22:01 AMcrayup - am still on cs3 :embarrassed:

No need to worry about CS4 then. :wink:

beermonster

:laugh: no - you're right!

will cs5 ONLY run on intel macs?

Joe

Quote from: beermonster on March 25, 2010, 02:30:45 AMwill cs5 ONLY run on intel macs?

I'm betting yes but I don't know for sure.

Unofficially this site says Photoshop for CS5 will NOT run on PPC Macs.

http://www.photographyuncapped.com/adobe-photoshop-cs5-will-not-run-on-older-apple-ppc-macs/adobe-photoshop/2009/08/

frailer

Quote from: Joe on March 25, 2010, 02:37:04 AMUnofficially this site says Photoshop for CS5 will NOT run on PPC Macs.

http://www.photographyuncapped.com/adobe-photoshop-cs5-will-not-run-on-older-apple-ppc-macs/adobe-photoshop/2009/08/

Mwa-haha... :evil: Our ticket to at least Intel Minis if they want us to be able to handle all incoming. A silver lining in the cloud.    :grin:  Yeah, so true, Joe. With more  stuff coming as PDFs, (shit, nearly all ours is now), much less need for the scalpel. Easier...but de-skilled. That old two-edged sword.   :undecided:

And the underpinnings of that auto-fill-the-gap stuff. Mind boggling.

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

beermonster

yeah see the pdf thing - for me i hate em coz we have to change so much so i'll stick with the scalpel lol

hell yeah new macs! yippppeeeeee mac pro's and stoopid amounts of rammers and crazy hard drives and flat screen monitoooors :smiley:

....if we have the funds.........

DigiCorn

I hate upgrades. Let me mire in CS4 a while. If it's true, and I do have to get an Intel Mac, at least my Preps problem will be resolved  :rolleyes:
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Farabomb

I've been waiting. Still on CS3 but I am seeing a fair amount of CS4 natives now so I was waiting for 5 to show. Money may be tight here but I'm getting this.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Quote from: Farabomb on March 25, 2010, 08:54:21 AMI've been waiting. Still on CS3 but I am seeing a fair amount of CS4 natives now so I was waiting for 5 to show. Money may be tight here but I'm getting this.

I would too if I controlled the cash...which I don't.

Farabomb

I don't control the cash either but if I bitch for a month or 2 they usually buy it just to shut me up.  :evil:
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

beermonster

thats the tactic i'm gonna use :grin: