Here it comes....

Started by Joe, March 24, 2010, 10:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grimace

Quote from: Skryber on March 25, 2010, 01:50:24 PMIm ready for version Adobe CS UF (Ultimate and Flawless). Please come out with it already so I can stop having to spend money on upgrades so fast. It seems like CS4 came out yesterday. I'm not excited like I used to be for a new version.

I just started getting a number of CS4 files. Up untill the last couple of months, I have'nt seen any reason to upgrade beyond CS3.
And we got CS3 after waiting 8 months after it launched! It will probably be late summer before I make any noise to upgrade, but if it magically happens before that, cool.

Skryber

I know, we're the same way except I about refuse to work in CS3. I just don't like it. We've had the new Quark since it came out and I don't think I have used it....ever.  :laugh:
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

frailer

The imperative of capitalism. To stay 'alive' you often have to re-invent something that works quite well. I know there'll be some KO features, but... :undecided: 
There'll be whingeing to powers-that-be about how soon they have to fork out, time spent upgrading, getting used to bugs. All eats into qual forum time.   :laugh:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Laurens

I still remember listening to the CS4 launch presentations and counting the number of times the word 'Print' was mentioned. I am curious if there will even be more than 2 brief references this time. It's probably going to be yet another digital photography....blablabla....ebook....blablabla....Flash....blablabla....interactive yadayada....blablabla....web....blablabla....iPad... affair.

I am looking forward to Photoshop CS5 though for my photography stuff at home.
Having fun writing about prepress & printing for my Prepressure site

mwc

Quote from: Joe on March 25, 2010, 09:56:58 AMI'm torn really. I'd love to have the software but am petty enough to tell Adobe where to stick their CS5 after they pulled the plug on the Print Service Provider program. LONG LIVE THE QUARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

Same Boat. (As a printer) - We won't be updating ANYTIME SOON since Adobe cut the throat program of for printers.
Our printed & verbal recommendations to customers (after the format CS5 announcement) will be to STAY at ID CS3/CS4 at least a few years as we (the printer) will stagnate at that version.
Not promoting Adobe's World Conquest beyond CS4 right now, as they have disappointed me and the small print shops with a the "Scratch our back, and then we'll shoot you in yours!" attitude.
I'll update my Corel 6 and Quark 4 and love it  :blowup:

Joe

Quote from: frailer on March 25, 2010, 02:40:26 PMThe imperative of capitalism. To stay 'alive' you often have to re-invent something that works quite well. I know there'll be some KO features, but... :undecided: 
There'll be whingeing to powers-that-be about how soon they have to fork out, time spent upgrading, getting used to bugs. All eats into qual forum time.   :laugh:

Perish that thought! :laugh:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Tracy

content aware tool is awesome!!!
Im hoping for an upgrade to new computers new workflow everything
I went thru the prinergy-preps 6 demo today.

also
what is this 64 bit you speak of?
can someone speak splain? Im a little computer illiterate.

Syphon

As much as Content Aware Fill is really cool, I'm still not ready to upgrade. I still like CS4, but when I upgrade at home I will be ready since I'm upgraded to Snow Leopard. :grin:
Freelance Designer | Illustrator | Photo Editor
iMac • Mac OSX 10.15 Catalina
Affinity Publisher • Affinity Photo • Affinity Designer
Adobe InDesign • Adobe Photoshop • Adobe Illustrator
Adobe Acrobat

frailer

Quote from: Tracy on March 25, 2010, 05:21:12 PMcontent aware tool is awesome!!!

also

Your really are on quite the learning curve, Trace! From what I've seen of PREPS 6, (only from Flash vids), I think you'll like it. Don't let your head explode now...    :laugh:

have stolen the main intro from you-know-where: Kinda means faster, really. Save looking it up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In computer architecture, 64-bit integers, memory addresses, or other data units are those that are at most 64 bits (8 octets) wide. Also, 64-bit CPU and ALU architectures are those that are based on registers, address buses, or data buses of that size. 64-bit is also a term given to a generation of computers in which 64-bit processors were the norm.

64-bit CPUs have existed in supercomputers since the 1970s (Cray-1, 1975; CDC 6000 series, 1964, were 60-bit) and in RISC-based workstations and servers since the early 1990s. In 2003 they were introduced to the (previously 32-bit) mainstream personal computer arena, in the form of the x86-64 and 64-bit PowerPC processor architectures.

Without further qualification, a 64-bit computer architecture generally has integer and addressing registers that are 64 bits wide, allowing direct support for 64-bit data types and addresses. However, a CPU might have external data buses or address buses with different sizes than the registers, even larger (the 32-bit Pentium had a 64-bit data bus, for instance).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on March 25, 2010, 05:21:12 PMcontent aware tool is awesome!!!

also

Just the natural progression but quite confusing. The old G5 was a 64-bit processor but the Mac OS was only 32-bit. Snow Leopard is the first true 64-bit OS for the 64-bit processor on the Intel Mac (isn't backward compatible to the G5 64-bit CPU though). Usually software vendors will have both a 32-bit and a 64-bit version of their software but there comes a time when they will stop supplying both. "Is it CS5 when they do this?" is the $64,000 question right now. Personally I don't think this will be the time. Too many people still using G5/Tiger/Leopard for Adobe to force them all into hardware/OS/CS upgrades all at once.

hotmetal

Quote from: Joe on March 25, 2010, 06:59:31 PM

also

Just the natural progression but quite confusing. The old G5 was a 64-bit processor but the Mac OS was only 32-bit. Snow Leopard is the first true 64-bit OS for the 64-bit processor on the Intel Mac (isn't backward compatible to the G5 64-bit CPU though). Usually software vendors will have both a 32-bit and a 64-bit version of their software but there comes a time when they will stop supplying both. "Is it CS5 when they do this?" is the $64,000 question right now. Personally I don't think this will be the time. Too many people still using G5/Tiger/Leopard for Adobe to force them all into hardware/OS/CS upgrades all at once.

I remember one day soon after I bought my IIcx when a friend stopped by with a thing called Mode32 on a floppy. It enabled the IIcx to run OS7 in 32 bit mode. Whoohooooo! We've come a long, long way, baby!
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." ...
Hunter S. Thompson

jezza

I don't know if this ill clear things up or just confuse, but

At home I have an Intel Mac running the latest update of snow leopard...

When I installed Snow Leopard, I also installed Rosetta (it's an optional install from the disk)

All I can say is that my copy of Photoshop CS 2, runs on my mac.
one sick prepress mofo

Tracy

Thanks for the info! you guys are so smart :azn:

kodak set up the prinergy-preps 6 demo webinar for me.
It was just totally awesome to see what I could be working with.
sheesh just the stuff you can see on screen before output, simply amazing.
I dont know when we will upgrade, but I'm looking forward to it.

Joe

Quote from: jezza on March 25, 2010, 07:57:46 PMI don't know if this ill clear things up or just confuse, but

At home I have an Intel Mac running the latest update of snow leopard...

When I installed Snow Leopard, I also installed Rosetta (it's an optional install from the disk)

All I can say is that my copy of Photoshop CS 2, runs on my mac.

I had to do that for FileMaker Pro 6 to run. My iMac is weird as it has a 64-bit processor but only runs at 32-bit because Apple has crippled the firmware on the older Intel iMac's. I don't get all of the benefits of Snow Leopard and am not even sure if CS5 will be able to run on it.

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on March 25, 2010, 09:04:23 PMThanks for the info! you guys are so smart :azn:

kodak set up the prinergy-preps 6 demo webinar for me.
It was just totally awesome to see what I could be working with.
sheesh just the stuff you can see on screen before output, simply amazing.
I dont know when we will upgrade, but I'm looking forward to it.

You'll love Prinergy if you get it Tracy. The Virtual Proofing software is the greatest thing since, well...sliced bread. :laugh: