InDesign/Acrobat/PhotoShop tricks

Started by DigiCorn, April 15, 2024, 02:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiCorn

Having been out of the game a few years, I ran into a couple issues today and discovered two new (to me anyway) cool tricks.

If you need an image from an Acrobat file (without any of the text or crap someone might have included in the file), open the file in Photoshop. When you get the preview window, tic the radio button that says, "images," (it defaults to whatever you did last). Voila - an unmolested image.

#2, in InDesign, which was freshly installed on my machine, the default setting for image handling was set to Auto-Fit "on." This meant every time I tried to edit the frame on a placed image, the image would resize and/or distort. To turn the default Auto-Fit, "off," it's not in the preferences - you have to go to Object --> Fitting --> Frame Fitting Options and turn it off there.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

(Pre)PressingMyLuck

Sometimes I wonder if they don't create the list of default options just to fuck with us users? 

It only takes one "aw shit" to wipe out a whole bunch of "atta boys".