News:

Main Menu

Maintenance Contracts

Started by Goodgulf, October 02, 2007, 08:22:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ear

Oh, I haven't seen that one.

The one we get is a exposure head error. I spoke with a tech and he said it's common. I guess the little brown and black wires that run from the power supply to the exposure head get too much tension which leads the head to believe the power supply is cutting out. It's a phony error but it kills the plate halfway through anyway. It's good most of the time now that I re-routed the wire but it still gives me some trouble every couple of months or so. I was hoping you had a creative fix.

Otherwise, I love the PTR
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

neckbone

We've seen plenty of exposure head errors at my shop. I'm running a Dart (PT-R 4000 II). In our case, the techs chalk it up to humidity, or lack thereof, and the resulting static electricity. I believe they're correct, since we usually get a lot more of these errors in the winter months. It has been better since we stuck a humidifier near the machine. They've also had us stick a box of Bounce dryer sheets in the machine to ward off static.

Otherwise the machine is rock solid. We paid for a service contract for a couple of years, but gave up on it. We've had the machine for almost 5 years now, and (knock on wood) haven't had to replace a single diode. So, now we just get 2 PMs a year and pay time & materials.

As for service on the RIP, we run a Harlequin. I can't imagine paying for a contract on that. I think I may have finally sold management on switching to Rampage soon (crossing my fingers), and if that happens, I'll be sure to spring for their contract for at least 1 year.
Rampage JVX 10.5 - Epson 7600 - Fuji Dart II
Xante PlateMaker 4
AHT Fibre Gateway - Xerox Docutech 135
IKON CPP-650 w/Creo RIP

ladynaive87

I did not yet experience to  run a software maintenance contract. But if I have it, I will tell you what does it feels. Good luck!

Joe

Quote from: ladynaive87 on December 28, 2009, 11:04:58 PMI did not yet experience to  run a software maintenance contract. But if I have it, I will tell you what does it feels. Good luck!

:toaster: :toaster: :toaster: :toaster: :toaster: :toaster: :toaster: :toaster: :toaster: :toaster: :toaster: :toaster: :toaster: :toaster: :toaster: :toaster:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Bleedin' criminal, IMO.     :rolleyes:           Bad bot programming. Update to a 2 year old post.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

tapdn

usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

Farabomb

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Skryber

Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Farabomb

Nope, couldn't afford it at the height of my geekiness. All my friends that I palyed D&D with did but I was a poor student at that point and I had to have a skateboard under my feet.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Skryber

Quote from: Farabomb on December 29, 2009, 10:16:30 AMNope, couldn't afford it at the height of my geekiness. All my friends that I palyed D&D with did but I was a poor student at that point and I had to have a skateboard under my feet.

I played for years and one day my father found weed in my car and got pissed and burned thousands of dollars of cards. Fucking BOXES. I had an undefeated 5 color deck that I spent a year building, all down the tubes.  :cry:
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Farabomb

Found weed then destroyed thousands of dollars of your stuff? That's fucked up. It's just a damn plant.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

tapdn

usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

Skryber

Yeah. He didn't know. He thought they were some kind of evil tarot cards or something. Saw me going down a path he didn't like. He has a temper. Hot headed Sicilian, ya know? He felt bad when he found out what they were. I'm still pissed. That's all I did for like 4 years.

Lumpy

I signed up for another year of tech support for Rampage.
Fuji gave us some crazy proposal for our Platerite and Processor.  We passed on it.
I'm still second guessing myself on the Rampage support.
Son you better watch your back when a poor man gets the blues.