Konica 1085 digital printer

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, October 29, 2020, 11:18:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pspdfppdfxhd

Has anyone had any experience with a Konica 1085 digital printer?

We have one we might buy (with a lot of clicks on it) and I'm wondering if it's any good.

Thanks.

jwheeler

Yes, I do. It was an awesome machine. The current version of that machine is the C6085 which we have in our print shop now.

pspdfppdfxhd

I have been asked to ask the people who might know here....

Regarding the Konica 1085, we are only able to make the "gloss" option on a job by job basis and it is not a default.

Anyone know any way to make it a default on all jobs?

Thanks.

DigiCorn

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

DigiCorn

I haven't seen CWS in months, let alone used it, so I am diving deep into my memory banks here. IIRC, there's a white word, config, on the lower right hand corner of the interface. While you click on this, it looks like normal settings accessed via the various tabs on the top of the interface, but this is more root level. Set your preferences for default settings here, and when complete it requires a reboot.... can't recall exactly if it's a reboot of CWS or a reboot of the Fiery. This *should* make the default what you want.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Not sure what version of CWS you are using but in CWS 6.5 if you right click on the device there is a "Set Defaults..." option. If you click on that you can setup all of your defaults for that device.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigiCorn

There is that config, but the one I am talking about is more root level, and you access it in a different spot and it does require a reboot. But thinking longer and harder about it, the machine that I did that on was running the last version of 5.whatever. Version 6.whatever probably is different. AND you have to do the config on the Fiery itself - NOT a remote workstation. [edit] and also NOT through the web browser access.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

The only way I know to even access the Fiery is either through its web interface in a web browser or via CWS. There isn't a monitor or keyboard attached to it. The only way that it might be possible is via terminal with SSH or Telnet and I'm not going there.

In CWS 6.5 I don't see anything like you descried in your previous post which I think you described as a setting in CWS.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.