The platesetter I'm currently using

Started by madbugger, May 15, 2023, 02:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiCorn

Quote from: David on May 18, 2023, 02:47:17 PMoh my god yes, I forgot to mention that this place had no air conditioning, I'm in Texas, it was summer.

:grimreaper:

Try working in a pressroom in a Fresno summer. It would get so hot the ink would separate and get stringy. With those presses running, it was easily 120+ F out there. The pressman would come in at like 3 am and work until noon and go home. Hell, even in Sac at Sig-1, we shut down the digital presses by 2 because if you ran them after, you couldn't cool off the building and you'd start popping fuses.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Rodi

Quote from: born2print on May 18, 2023, 03:11:52 PMI'm old enough to have had the pleasure of cleaning LITHO film processors. Racks 4x as big and nastier / harder to clean, in fact - rapid access etc... barely even counts compared to litho IMO  :P
Yup we had a rapid access processor for typesetting galleys (via Compugraphic Q5000 and Pagitek 5 systems to Linotypes) and Litho processor for film and stability prints and color keys. Cleaning the Litho processor was a Saturday job, wow, just so much work, and being hyper yout really made it a challenge :).
Gabba Gabba Hey