News:

Main Menu

New press

Started by G_Town, May 04, 2018, 11:29:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G_Town

Check out this bad boy. 12 colors. Two cold foil units. 3 coaters. perfector. Goes live in another month.

born2print

Holy cow man!

:insert YOOOOGE meme here:
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

David

nice...

Williamson used to have a 10 color perfecting Heidelberg- had a total of 16 units with 4 coatings and foil. Massive sheetfed with roll to sheet.
You can make some really nice expensive jobs on them babies.

Good luck!!
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Marktonk

I would have to say you have great taste!!! I am a bit biased but that is one hell of a press.

Best,

Mark
Mark Tonkovich
Heidelberg USA

ninjaPB_43

All I hear is the sound of money...   That thing is a beast. You are going to put out some really nice pieces on that.
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

Tracy

wowieeee! shoo wee, you guys hiring? :laugh:

G_Town

Quote from: Marktonk on May 04, 2018, 08:06:23 PMI would have to say you have great taste!!! I am a bit biased but that is one hell of a press.

Best,

Mark

Mark this comes with a scanning system that scans the sheet and compares to a file from prepress.

They sent me a 12 page document talking reference and inspection level files. I think I get what they are wanting me to send them but I'm not entirely sure.

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: G_Town on May 07, 2018, 02:58:43 PMMark this comes with a scanning system that scans the sheet and compares to a file from prepress.

Awesome checkpoint - however - wouldn't it be better if the RIP would do this prior to plating and making it out to press?
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

andyfest

We are supposed to be getting a new 40 inch Heidy as well. It also has onboard colour management and scanning. However, it will require us to move the colour bars from the traditional tail end of the sheet to the front edge of the sheet. 80% of our printing is repeat jobs, so it looks like it will mean rebuilding every layout template for every job that is to be printed. PITA, but it does take any colour guesswork away from the press crews and should solve about 90% of our rejectable issues for colour or colour variation.
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

Joe

We only buy recycled presses here. :cheesy:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: andyfest on May 08, 2018, 07:00:38 AMWe are supposed to be getting a new 40 inch Heidy as well. It also has onboard colour management and scanning. However, it will require us to move the colour bars from the traditional tail end of the sheet to the front edge of the sheet. 80% of our printing is repeat jobs, so it looks like it will mean rebuilding every layout template for every job that is to be printed. PITA, but it does take any colour guesswork away from the press crews and should solve about 90% of our rejectable issues for colour or colour variation.

Ok, from a color standpoint I see how the scanning would be extremely helpful on-press. Now my color-blind buddy (yes, really actually color blind) can go back to running a press. :rotf:

My mind originally went to scanning for missing elements or reflowed fonts, or wonky transparency issues, etc..   :cane:

andyfest

Quote from: ninjaPB_43 on May 08, 2018, 07:46:49 AM
Quote from: andyfest on May 08, 2018, 07:00:38 AMWe are supposed to be getting a new 40 inch Heidy as well. It also has onboard colour management and scanning. However, it will require us to move the colour bars from the traditional tail end of the sheet to the front edge of the sheet. 80% of our printing is repeat jobs, so it looks like it will mean rebuilding every layout template for every job that is to be printed. PITA, but it does take any colour guesswork away from the press crews and should solve about 90% of our rejectable issues for colour or colour variation.

Ok, from a color standpoint I see how the scanning would be extremely helpful on-press. Now my color-blind buddy (yes, really actually color blind) can go back to running a press. :rotf:

My mind originally went to scanning for missing elements or reflowed fonts, or wonky transparency issues, etc..   :cane:
For that we have a Global Proofing system that was implemented about 2 years ago. We send QC a pdf of the client-supplied file + a pdf of our trapped input file and they are compared to both the imposed Epson proof and the printed sheet. The scanner/computer in the proofing system will check for any differences. It's helpful for missing text/elements, but also can detect blanket smashes and hickeys on the printed sheet from the press. That way the run can be stopped before it really gets going.
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: andyfest on May 08, 2018, 08:49:49 AMFor that we have a Global Proofing system that was implemented about 2 years ago. We send QC a pdf of the client-supplied file + a pdf of our trapped input file and they are compared to both the imposed Epson proof and the printed sheet. The scanner/computer in the proofing system will check for any differences. It's helpful for missing text/elements, but also can detect blanket smashes and hickeys on the printed sheet from the press. That way the run can be stopped before it really gets going.

Nice. I guess it's been long enough out of production facilities for me to have fallen behind on technologies like this...  I'm glad to see they're being implemented. The waste was one of my biggest issues when I first got into printing. I always hated how much just went in the trash when a run went south..

G_Town

Quote from: ninjaPB_43 on May 07, 2018, 03:14:18 PM
Quote from: G_Town on May 07, 2018, 02:58:43 PMMark this comes with a scanning system that scans the sheet and compares to a file from prepress.

Awesome checkpoint - however - wouldn't it be better if the RIP would do this prior to plating and making it out to press?

This is more for press defects like smashed blankets, hickeys etc....plates going to press are perfect  ;D

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: G_Town on May 08, 2018, 09:21:31 AMPlates going to press are perfect  ;D

You like tempting fate, huh?  :popcorn: