Easy imposed dieline from Prinergy

Started by Farabomb, September 03, 2009, 11:36:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farabomb

At times I have to provide a imposed dieline for certain jobs. Is there any easy way to output it from Prinergy? I've been manually doing them in indy but I fear one day I'll not get it exact and have to face the wrath of the boss when the die has to be remade. What do you guys end up doing?
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

born2print

We made a template that we drag the imposed diestrike separation into and it saves out a new PDF in the user defined folder.
Since we have DIE in our color library, it overprints and looks 100% black no matter how it started (as long as the operator names the color exactly during prep)
Then we open the pdf in Illustrator and delete (usually quite a few) stray/extra/invisible elements and save again, this reduces the file size and simplifies the file for the diemaker. For some vendors we need to retro-save as v8 .ai
For a hard copy we used to output a film pos. out the Dolev, but now that we're filmless we output via Epson or Iris onto "superclear" stock.
HTH
All around me are familiar faces
Worn-out places, worn-out faces
Bright and early for their daily races
Going nowhere, going nowhere

Farabomb

Having a hardcopy die isn't all that important. I just made one off the 9800 and it's not close to in register with the press sheet. I don't seem to have the ability to output a PDF from the .pjtf in my system. I can only output VPS and to the epson. I have already extracted the art leaving just the die so I don't need to remove any of the extra marks or art.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

born2print

You don't have a jtp Vector Output / Output to PDF (Vector output)?
I can send you screen dumps of our setup if you like?

Farabomb

Sure you can. I have to get one out today and that should save me some time. You have mail.  :kiss:

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

born2print

Farabomb

After a bit of a fight (some shit about licensing) and with Born's help I now don't have to play around with dielines anymore!

I had a solution to my issue in less time than it would have taken me to do it the old way. B4 Print FTW!

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

David

congratulations, a successful post with an answer...

with no thread jacks.

WOOHOO!

:laugh:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Farabomb

Well, seeing as the issue is resolved the thread it free to be jacked.

Must maintain the B4 S.O.P.  :wink:

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

born2print

Joe

Quote from: Farabomb on September 03, 2009, 12:56:16 PMAfter a bit of a fight (some shit about licensing) and with Born's help I now don't have to play around with dielines anymore!

I had a solution to my issue in less time than it would have taken me to do it the old way. B4 Print FTW!

Now where else can you get that kind of tech support?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

Actually there is an event this weekend at pocono but I'll be at my annual trap shoot at the family plot in upstate NY. The one bad thing is my boss is coming. Don't get a choice on that one, he's my brother.

Shit, it takes Kodak at least a day to figure out what the hell I'm talking about and another to find a solution.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

frailer

Quote from: david on September 03, 2009, 01:02:07 PMcongratulations, a successful post with an answer...

with no thread jacks.

WOOHOO!

:laugh:

Screenshot and archive? For posterity?   :cheesy:

A one-off; I reckon there might have been certain people taking a leak at the same time...   :undecided:

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

beermonster

i guess i'm lucky here as we have a cad/artios dept that does the one up structure desighn and the multi up cutter too - this goes of to die magicians who say yay or nay and we go from there

sometimes we have to match cutters on artwork - which is fun as you know - but when its a new cutter (and for every job actually) we output the full multi up cutter on the zund from artios on tranparent tracing paper stuff - this is then duplicated as a digital file for me/us prepress to step to etc - then its used on press to help check fit and on cut and crease for die position

we also do a fully imposed proof with the cutter guide on - can't think what else we prepress can do for our presses and cut n creasers
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world