OS X 10.4.11 and InSite Alert!

Started by rrobinson, November 14, 2007, 05:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrobinson

Apple has released 10.4.11, an update to Tiger. It installs Safari 3 which is currently incompatible with InSite! Various problems including buttons and Smart Review not working.

Just a heads up for InSite users... Kodak is aware of this and promises a fix soon.
Rob Robinson
EPP Manager
Color World Printers

Kodak Prinergy Connect 3.1.0.6 (RBA/APA) - InSite 4.5 - Preps 5.2.3 - Prepare 2.1 - Lotem 400

born2print

Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

rrobinson

Hey born2print - how is Prinergy 4 working for ya?
Rob Robinson
EPP Manager
Color World Printers

Kodak Prinergy Connect 3.1.0.6 (RBA/APA) - InSite 4.5 - Preps 5.2.3 - Prepare 2.1 - Lotem 400

born2print

We like it, never had v3, we were Brisque before, but I understand (from conferencing w/ corporate brethren) it's a nice upgrade from 3 to 4.

rrobinson

Oh wow so you must have made that transition recently, very nice. We went from Brisque to Prinergy as well - in fact we still have the Brisque in our workflow as a bridge from Prinergy to our Lotem platemaker (long story). Can't wait to get it out of here completely though.
Rob Robinson
EPP Manager
Color World Printers

born2print

Yeh, pretty recent move, and we embraced it full-on (shut down the Brisque within 3 weeks of install and never fired it back on) but we had no connectivity issues that the tech couldn't fix (given a day or 2)
The Brisque hardware is still here, no one wants it, except maybe private parties have shown interest in using the Unix boxes as server hardware...

rrobinson

I guess the Brisque would be a tough sell since Kodak isn't going to develop it anymore...
Rob Robinson
EPP Manager
Color World Printers

born2print

right, Brisque is EOL (end of life)
they'll still work on what ya got, but no new advances or updates.

I guess what I was thinking was how the Brisque gear was a "trade-in"... but even Kodak won't pick it up :P

Aaron

New update to Insite now supports Safari 3. just FYI.
Prinergy 6.1, UpFront, Magnus Quantum 400 , Epson 9880, Insite 7.0, Sonora

"You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts." -- John Cleese, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

rrobinson

Rob Robinson
EPP Manager
Color World Printers

Aaron

I'm pretty sure it was the upgrade to 5.x. I'm on 5.0.5.
Prinergy 6.1, UpFront, Magnus Quantum 400 , Epson 9880, Insite 7.0, Sonora

"You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts." -- John Cleese, Monty Python and the Holy Grail