Trapped files out of Nexus > Prinergy

Started by andyfest, March 02, 2012, 11:33:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andyfest

Our company has used the "classic" Nexus RIP for our folding carton work for about 8 years now. Our sister company uses Prinergy. They will be taking some work from our production facility down to theirs and have asked for some 1 up production files. I can give them our trapped pdfs produced by Nexus (basically auto-trapped by Artpro within the RIP), but I've heard that Prinergy doesn't play well with these. Any thoughts from the Prinergy users? :blind:
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

Joe

There is a setting in Prinergy not to trap trapped files. All they have to do is set it up that way. Or they could also run it through a process template that doesn't have the trapper in it.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

t-pat

Quote from: Joe on March 02, 2012, 12:01:59 PMThere is a setting in Prinergy not to trap trapped files. All they have to do is set it up that way. Or they could also run it through a process template that doesn't have the trapper in it.

sometimes Prinergy will not recognize traps created by certain rips, I've seen this with Artpro files. We would process with no trap as the file is already trapped, unless the trap editor could remove the traps.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

andyfest

Thanks guys - I'll pass that along. Have a good weekend - it's Molson time here.
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro