Dot gain curve in Prinergy

Started by Chelle, November 02, 2012, 05:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chelle

Hi everyone  :hello:
Hope it's not a total shock to see me back but prepress/printing seems to be like a black hole that will suck you back in at some point.... Hope everyone is ok - especially those on the east coast. Am trying to help out a friend and I figured the best place to go is here - it seems that someone here always had a solution to a problem. The question is this: is there a way to apply a dot gain curve to some but not all areas on a sheet in Prinergy? I don't recall running across this before I got out of the business last year so I couldn't come up with anything on my own. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
Due to lack of interest, today has been cancelled....

FACT OF LIFE: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F

Joe

Hi Chelle! :hello:

You mean like on the right half of the sheet apply a curve and not apply it to the left half of the sheet. Not that I am aware of. You can apply web growth compensation in Prinergy to certain areas of a sheet but I've not seen or heard of a way to do it with curves.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

johnny_jay

I have done something similar. We have Prinergy but use Agfa Platesetters and they use Agfa's Print Drive. We send Screened Tiffs to print drive from Prinergy to Plate.

Print Drive has the ability to merge plates

We ran a side by side comparison of 150 vs 200 line. I had to make 1/2 of the page in each line screen, each with their own dot gain curve. I put the color bar on the 200 line sig and sent both to print drive and did the double burns.

It looked fine on press, color matched on the images and everything but only a total print geek (like us) would see the difference in the line screen, some even doubted it was correct.

We also used this for black plate changes when we used Rampage as our rip, rampage had a black plate change feature, but this was faster.

I know it's not the solution you asked for but I hope it points you into another direction.

I know there is a Prinergy option called Dotshop that lets you do different things with screening, but I have never used it much.
Kodak Prinergy and InSite
Preps
Epson P7000 driven by Fiery XF
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
3 web presses, 1 sheetfed press
G7 Expert

Chelle

Quote from: Joe on November 02, 2012, 05:22:51 PMHi Chelle! :hello:

You mean like on the right half of the sheet apply a curve and not apply it to the left half of the sheet. Not that I am aware of. You can apply web growth compensation in Prinergy to certain areas of a sheet but I've not seen or heard of a way to do it with curves.

Hi Joe!
I think that's the idea - am translating here... LOL.

And thanks Johnny_jay.... I'll pass that on - if it's not exactly the answer needed... I'll wander back.
Due to lack of interest, today has been cancelled....

FACT OF LIFE: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F

Chilbear

Does the person you are trying to help have CTP? Is a dirty mirror an option to the problem? How about the plate - is it secured correctly versus loose on one side?

Tracy

born2print

Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...