Dumb Question -- any way to convert InDesign to Publisher...?

Started by Fontaholic, January 17, 2014, 08:10:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm so excited, I just can't wait...

so one should write a song about that...
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Quote from: Antonotron on January 17, 2014, 01:15:42 PMHello to all,

I'm new here--but this thread just solved my dilemma of what my smart-ass signature would be!

(on a printed piece of paper in an old press scheduler's office):

"the problem with being efficient: once you display the ability to walk on water--every goddam son of a bitch will expect you to trot across the lake on an errand..."

(story of my life)

Very appropriate...and Welcome to the asylum.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Foozball

I F#%&ING LOVE THIS THREAD!!! LOVE IT!

In summary: If you give me $10,000 in circulated $100 bills and a box of matches, sure, I can turn it into a pile if ashes...
but now you've given me a pile of ashes, ... and you want what?!?!!  :shoots_self:

gnubler

Sounds kinda like "The Cloud". Pay more and more money for pretty much nothing.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Farabomb

Sadly when you say that it can't be done by the time the information gets to the customer it will be "no problem". When has sales ever said no?
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

gnubler

Quote from: Farabomb on January 21, 2014, 10:35:24 AMWhen has sales ever said no?

I don't know...maybe when you ask them if they even know one fucking thing about printing?

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Farabomb

Nope, not even then. They will then just spout words they heard around the shop whist having no clue what they mean.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

gnubler

Yes, like the slime who used the word "algorithm", after which I wanted to punch him in the face.

Possum

Love how the sales pukes get this face when you tell them you can't do what they want, then say, "But I already told the customer you could." As if that magically changes the universe. And explanations are useless.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Farabomb

The boss here thinks he can change physics by his pure force of will.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Possum

Mine thinks if we don't have jobs coming in, it's everybody's fault but his.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Farabomb

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

designconverter

I've just gone through the massive pain of trying to convert InDesign files to Publisher for a client. It was an absolute nightmare to do it and keep all the formatting correct.  :facepalm:

To avoid anyone else having to go through it, if they don't want to DIY and would rather outsource, I've assembled a small team and created this website: indesigntopublisher.com.

The website says it all really! Good luck =)

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Slappy

Huh, good to know - I guess? I mean, if some moronic client actually wants it then they can PAY for it to be done! And much more preferably by somebody other than me.

I'd almost offer to become part of the Team, but I still wake up screaming, from years of abuse at the hands of Publishwhore.

The horrrror.......
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.