Indesign custom registration marks

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, January 06, 2021, 07:22:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pspdfppdfxhd

Oh God, this was so long ago that I had dealt with this issue. I am suddenly forced to work on another Mac today but I notice that I do not have the custom marks available. We prefer the regular bullets not the Indesign defaults and I don't have that .mrk file here......

I think it was Matt Beals who had sent me a file that I loaded into Indesign years back to make them available. (RIP Matt).

Does anyone have this? It's the bullet that looks like the old Quark ones did, a circle with a horizontal and vertical line in the middle.

Thanks.

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

pspdfppdfxhd

No that is the one that our pressmen do not like.

Its like a simple circle with a plus sign in the middle. You got your O then inside the O got your +.

Like the old quack ones.

Tracy

Here is InDesigns crop mark in the Scripts

born2print

I ahve this .eps / .pdf in my Preps marks folder (along with the ones you don't want)
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

pspdfppdfxhd

Yes I love all this, but, there is a .mrk file you can load in somewhere in indesign when on pdf export you can select other than default and bang, there you go!

Maybe i sm missing something here!

pspdfppdfxhd

Sorry, other than default on the marks setting.

Joe

You can select the marks you want when printing from Acrobat. Not sure if something like this used to be in InDesign or not.

pspdfppdfxhd

Joe

There is a place in InDesign for something like that but a google search finds results how to add Japanese marks in there but I didn't find anything about quark marks in there.

Joe

I went back to InDesign CS4 and the option is not in there so it must have been some custom way of adding other marks.

pspdfppdfxhd

My Mac is back, i will find the file and post when i can.

pspdfppdfxhd

Okay, it's attached. I see by the date it was installed 14 years ago!

I had dropped it in: Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/PrintSpt/Better_MarksB.mrk

pspdfppdfxhd

Then when you export your pdf there's an option in the marks area for type and it should appear there. I guess you would have to quit InDesign then reopen.

If I ever move to Japan I will definitely google the "add Japanese crop marks" tutorial.

:rotf:

johnny_jay

Thanks for sharing - that is pretty cool!

John
Kodak Prinergy and InSite
Preps
Epson P7000 driven by Fiery XF
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
3 web presses, 1 sheetfed press
G7 Expert