New Adobe Acrobat and Document Cloud available in the next 30 days

Started by abc, March 17, 2015, 03:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: abc on April 09, 2015, 01:32:07 AM
Quote from: frailer on April 08, 2015, 08:33:22 PM
Quote from: abc on March 17, 2015, 03:39:54 PM
Quote from: Joe on March 17, 2015, 03:27:07 PM
Quote from: abc on March 17, 2015, 03:22:14 PMNew Adobe Acrobat and Document Cloud available in the next 30 days
http://landing.adobe.com/en/na/products/document-cloud/announce.html?scid=social41898766

And you already have Pitstop compatible with it right since I'm sure Adobe supplies Enfocus with advanced copies...right??? :rotf:

Actually yes. 12.3 onwards is ok. Not fully optimised for the new interface but it works ok. Older versions on Mac are a different story as there are a lot of changes under the hood.
Oh dear... ask not for whom the bell tolls...  :tonofbricks:          Reset in Comic Sans for effect, is all.

... actually, does that mean older versions of OSX, or older PitStops, or both?
We're running Acrobat XI/Cloud  but are on 10.6.8.

From the Enfocus point of view on Macintosh the big change is 64-bit, Acrobat DC only runs in 64-bit so any PitStop plugin older than version 12 update 3 is not going to work as they are 32-bit.

We tried to make PitStop 12 update 3 as ready as we could (even though it was released 6 months ago).

I couldn't be specific earlier as I was under an NDA.

So let me try and get this straight.... if we upgrade to Acrobat DC from XI then we lose XI? Seems very risky if we have problems with DC and pitstop. Should we wait for version 13? Can you go back to XI after upgrading to DC? I work in a world where pitstop is used many times every day, we can't afford to lose it.

Farabomb

Quote from: Joe on April 08, 2015, 02:51:42 PM
Quote from: Farabomb on March 20, 2015, 07:31:42 AMIf I even glance at the separation preview after opening a second PDF it will crash. Click, no response, beach ball, and then it crashes.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

The secret is once you open output preview...NEVER close it. I thought they had it fixed for awhile but it is back for me also. Not as bad as it once was but it will still crash acrobat in just the right circumstance...like if you close Output Preview and open it again without restarting Acrobat.

I will give that a shot. One issue I have is if I don't cycle it, it does not show the correct spot colors.

Still not expecting miracles.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

pspdfppdfxhd

Oh, found the answer in the other  post about pitstop and DC compatibility. As much as I find Acrobat XI unstable, I'm not overwriting it. Better to deal with the devil you know as they say.

In Acrobat XI, when using the edit object tool (for correcting color in Photoshop) Acrobat crashes on average, about every 10 edits. Not sure if this problem is specific to us or if it is a known issue. Never had this problem before XI.

Joe

Quote from: Farabomb on April 09, 2015, 07:53:12 AM
Quote from: Joe on April 08, 2015, 02:51:42 PM
Quote from: Farabomb on March 20, 2015, 07:31:42 AMIf I even glance at the separation preview after opening a second PDF it will crash. Click, no response, beach ball, and then it crashes.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

The secret is once you open output preview...NEVER close it. I thought they had it fixed for awhile but it is back for me also. Not as bad as it once was but it will still crash acrobat in just the right circumstance...like if you close Output Preview and open it again without restarting Acrobat.

I will give that a shot. One issue I have is if I don't cycle it, it does not show the correct spot colors.

Still not expecting miracles.

I rarely get the separations not updating unless I close Output Preview and then re-open it later. When they don't update correctly and you turn off the separation is where you are guaranteed to get a crash.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Joe

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on April 09, 2015, 08:08:33 AMOh, found the answer in the other  post about pitstop and DC compatibility. As much as I find Acrobat XI unstable, I'm not overwriting it. Better to deal with the devil you know as they say.

In Acrobat XI, when using the edit object tool (for correcting color in Photoshop) Acrobat crashes on average, about every 10 edits. Not sure if this problem is specific to us or if it is a known issue. Never had this problem before XI.

I open quite a few photos in Photoshop that way and I can't remember the last time I got a crash. What version of Photoshop do you have?

Joe

I would try deleting the Acrobat preferences. Be warned though you will have setup your toolbars again though.

When does it crash? When trying to open the PDF in Photoshop or when Photoshop is trying to save it back?

pspdfppdfxhd

When saving it back, i can see that it won't update then BANG, it crashes.

:drunk3: