Iris43Wide Ink supplier

Started by mark_jetzer, January 28, 2008, 07:53:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark_jetzer

Well, our beloved and bullet proof Kodak Iris 43Wide officially EOL in April.  Our Ink supplier has said they can't get ink for us after April.  So, does anyone have an another supplier for Iris43Wide ink?

G_Town

Quote from: mark_jetzer on January 28, 2008, 07:53:58 AMWell, our beloved and bullet proof Kodak Iris 43Wide officially EOL in April.  Our Ink supplier has said they can't get ink for us after April.  So, does anyone have an another supplier for Iris43Wide ink?

Did you try the manufacturer of the 43wide? (Kodak/Creo/Scitex don't actually manufacture them).

The name starts with a M I think, damned if I can't remember it now. I'f it comes to me I'll post it.

dj

Both the Iris 43WIDE and the Agfa Sherpa are OEM'ed branded Mutoh Falcon inkjets. I've set up a scan on my prepress store  to look for Mutoh related stuff. There *seems* to be enough stock floating around to keep you supplied for a little bit of time at least.

Link is on right hand side of www.b4print.com or direct link here: http://www.prepresspilgrim.com/store/Store/43WIDE_Sherpa

Best of luck, DJ

G_Town

Mutoh, HA! I knew it started with a M :rolleyes:

born2print

Yeh, this sucks, we have 2 iris43wides and we love them (for backed-up impo check and low end proofing)
and they're killing it without any equivalent replacement to be had
 :angry:
My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said

pmhapp

Anybody have any feedback on double-sided proofers?

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

born2print

works with KodakCreoScitex...
GoodGoodGood!
 :grin:

Joe

I've heard it runs in the $40,000 range. Not good, not good, not good! :tongue:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

born2print

yeh, but we have to have something...
Market is "WIDE" open! Any vendors developing something to replace "Sherpa" related devices like the IRIS?

LRob

Quote from: Joe  on February 29, 2008, 11:15:00 AMIf I had the cash to spend I'd look into this:

IMPOPROOF 8000 - Automated double sided imposition proofer

We are looking into something like this. More info to come....... Also heard you can refill the cartridges for the IRIS ?!?!?!?