do you have more than 1 inkjet?

Started by kermit, February 08, 2008, 02:18:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kermit

Do they match each other?

What do you do to keep them match each other?
Rampage JVX, gmg DotProof, Harlequin, Isis, Preps, Pitstop, Full-auto Screen CTP, FinalProof, Epson 98, 48, Hp Z2100, HP 5500 SpinJet, HP 1050c, MassTransit, Rumpus, CommunigatePro, presses

almaink

Yes and no they don't. One is an HP for cheap ass proofs, the other is an Epson 9800 for high-end, if U can call inkjet proofs high-end that is.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

kermit

Quote from: almaink on February 08, 2008, 02:45:05 PMif U can call inkjet proofs high-end that is.
I consider my inkjets proofs "high quality" and GRACoL 7, SWOP 3 certified proofs. I have 3 inkjet printers (Epson 9800, Epson 4800 and HP Z2100 and they all match to ea. I just wanted to see what others do...
Rampage JVX, gmg DotProof, Harlequin, Isis, Preps, Pitstop, Full-auto Screen CTP, FinalProof, Epson 98, 48, Hp Z2100, HP 5500 SpinJet, HP 1050c, MassTransit, Rumpus, CommunigatePro, presses

Joe

Yes, we have two. A Canon W8200 and a Canon iPF 8000.

No they do not match.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

got two HPs, they don't match...

got two kodak Approvals, they don't match either.

got two Creo Lotems, they barely match.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

mark_jetzer

Got 2 HPZ2100s w/ GMG front end.  They match within 1.5 DeltaE - Gracol7

Got 2 Epson 7600s with Creo Integris (Best) front ends.  Never Matched or anything else.

1 Kodak Approval XP4 - Matches itself, but can't get it to match any standards like Gracol7

beermonster

i have 2 and no they dont match

one is for crap impo proofs only, and the cromalin B2 series, d/e of less than 1, is matched most times on press
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

kermit

For those guys that have only one inkjet..

What happens when the inkjet is down?

tuff_gong

Epson 7800 for contract proofs
Epson 9600 for imposition proofs

We only have one nexus license, used on the 7800. If it is down we fix it - have only lost a day or two since we bought it.
"Cops Nab Co-Eds in Pot Orgy"

Joe

Quote from: kermit on February 11, 2008, 10:09:59 AMFor those guys that have only one inkjet..

What happens when the inkjet is down?

Back when we only had one we didn't proof anything when it was down. Same as we do now if both of them break down. Which has happened.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

G_Town

Quote from: almaink on February 08, 2008, 02:45:05 PMYes and no they don't. One is an HP for cheap ass proofs, the other is an Epson 9800 for high-end, if U can call inkjet proofs high-end that is.

Ditto

DigitalCrapShoveler

We got 2 high Rez proofers and 2 low, we call them digital bluelines. or DBLs. We rarely go down completely, but it has happened. None of our proofers match, the guy that takes care of that is a stump. Currently, we are looking into reorganizing Prepress, because some of the more imperative tasks, like calibrating the proofers for one, is not getting done. Last year we lost 6 months worth of work because another stump, wasn't archiving. "I couldn't get the disks to burn." I was furious. So, now on top of doing 55% of the workload between 3 operators, I get to archive, too!
Member #285 - Civilian

kermit

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on February 15, 2008, 10:54:56 AMWe got 2 high Rez proofers and 2 low, we call them digital bluelines. or DBLs. We rarely go down completely, but it has happened. None of our proofers match, the guy that takes care of that is a stump. Last year we lost 6 months worth of work because another stump, wasn't archiving.
They both should be fired on the spot

Gutnbg

One Epson.

You know the old saying:
"A man with a watch knows what time it is.
A man with two watches is never sure."
Too weeks ago i cuddent even spel PRINTOR an now i are one

LRob

One epson 9800 one epson 9600 and one IRIS 43 wide. 9800 for proofs, 9600 for Bluelines, IRIS for plating bluelines. No match