Banding on proofs coming off Epson 9800

Started by Lumpy, March 03, 2009, 11:23:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigitalCrapShoveler

On either side of the unit in the print area. They will correspond to the position of the print head itself. If these become muddied, you will NEVER get the streaks to go away. Should be fiberous in nature Tone, and have ink all over them. Run you fingers down the print path, when they get nasty, you found the pads!
Member #285 - Civilian

tiger lil

we had same problem we had to change the two pad and the cleaner head wiper  did it our self takes less then an 45 minutes
wiper was half broke off, proofs look just like new now!!

beck

Quote from: G_Town on June 09, 2009, 07:21:04 AM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on June 08, 2009, 03:00:09 PMCheck your ink levels... your waste tank, and do a POWER cleaning. Wipe off the pads... too.

Where the hell are the pads?

What DCS said.  They are under the print head when it's in the "Parked" area.

It looks like kind of an easy fix, but we just make a service call.  Our boss doesn't want us working on it.

beck
Nevertheless....beck has hit the proverbial nail on the head.
Joe

G_Town

Well when these buttholes give me 5 mins to look at it I'll see whats up. I love peeps that dump a days worth of printing on it and then walk away leaving me to change paper, ink and fruitlessly search for my one little proof that has to go out tonite. :tongue:

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: G_Town on June 09, 2009, 08:05:56 AMWell when these buttholes give me 5 mins to look at it I'll see whats up. I love peeps that dump a days worth of printing on it and then walk away leaving me to change paper, ink and fruitlessly search for my one little proof that has to go out tonite. :tongue:

Welcome to my world.
Member #285 - Civilian

G_Town

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on June 09, 2009, 08:09:42 AM
Quote from: G_Town on June 09, 2009, 08:05:56 AMWell when these buttholes give me 5 mins to look at it I'll see whats up. I love peeps that dump a days worth of printing on it and then walk away leaving me to change paper, ink and fruitlessly search for my one little proof that has to go out tonite. :tongue:

Welcome to my world.

Hey Hiya doin?

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian

tapdn

...like our Epson is only used for glossy stock proofs and jerks upstairs print these five foot long "Happy Birthday Sara" posters on it right in the middle of a rush job- that kinda peep?  :blowup:
usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

G_Town

Quote from: tapdn on June 09, 2009, 08:30:46 AM

...like our Epson is only used for glossy stock proofs and jerks upstairs print these five foot long "Happy Birthday Sara" posters on it right in the middle of a rush job- that kinda peep?  :blowup:

Oh we get plenty of those requests as well. :tongue:

tapdn

They get manager's okay on these things, just wish they would ask if we are busy before sending the damn things!
usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

G_Town

OK Pads are dirtier than shit under the print head when at home, tried to clean as much crap out as possible but I'm guessing they need replacing.

Is there a basic PM type kit you can order?

DigitalCrapShoveler

Probably, but not really sure. Let me check...

Here's what I found just doing a basic search...

http://www.bytes2print.com/parts-service/Epson-Parts
Member #285 - Civilian

G_Town

Ok just wanted to check to see if one of you had already bought something in the past.

Off to the intertubez!

DigitalCrapShoveler

Good luck Toner, let us know how it goes.
Member #285 - Civilian