InSite?

Started by jimking, June 11, 2009, 01:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimking

I believe the softproof software is called InSite? Can anyone provide a website that explains it all. Thanks

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

jimking

Thanks Joe. There maybe a merger in store for us, hopefully.

Joe

Good luck on that Jim. I hope to become an InSite user soon.

mattbeals

InSite is a Godsend. I love that tool!
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

PrepressN00b

Quote from: Joe on June 11, 2009, 01:25:46 PMGood luck on that Jim. I hope to become an InSite user soon.

You giving up on the Nexus?
Peter Kincaid
Hybrid Software

Joe

I'm not sure. We tried Odystar and that didn't work for us and we tried the Nexus PDF workflow and that didn't work for us either. We asked Esko/Artworks for a softproofing solution and they told us their softproofing solution would not meet our needs. What we have to have is a complete PDF workflow with softproofing capabilities for our customers and for softproofing on our presses and it needs to be as fast at processing jobs as the old PS based Nexus workflow. I haven't seen anything from Nexus that will do all of that. And we've been asking them for this capability for at least 2 years and realistically we just can't wait any longer for them.

And it's just my opinion but I believe EskoArtworks made a fatal decision by not licensing and implementing the Adobe PDF Print Engine in their products.

Slappy

Running InSite here, although the number of clients willing to jump to it over conventional proofing isn't staggering yet. It's definitely not a catch-all, and the sales slime persons really need to have a grasp on its benefits & drawbacks to make it a realistic tool.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

johnny_jay

Joe, Are you using PressProof? We have had it set up for a couple of months and the pressman LOVE it. We were using Dalim Dialogue at press side and PressProof blows it away.

We will be using Insite soon as well, we just had our Rules start up and should be converting customers as soon as next week.
Kodak Prinergy and InSite
Preps
Epson P7000 driven by Fiery XF
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
3 web presses, 1 sheetfed press
G7 Expert

Joe

No, we don't use PressProof. We setup Virtual Proofing on the presses but the pressmen didn't like the screened proofs so now we make Imposed Vector PDF's and they are viewing them with Acrobat Reader at the presses. We (by that I mean management) didn't feel our color was critical enough for the price of PressProof. It's nice not having to make paper proofs though. Two 44" Cannon inkjets getting dusty now.

I have RBA training Monday and Tuesday next week.

We've been using InSite (prepress portal) for awhile now. It's great.

johnny_jay

Management wanted us to go full automation with Insite so we didn't launch it yet. We now have some rules written that will allow this.

Our RBA training went great, the best 2 days of training we have had yet. We had a list of what we wanted to accomplish and we surpassed it.
Preps
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
G7 Expert

born2print

Right-on johnny-jay, We only have 1 RBA and I would love to know what type of RBAs others are making because I'm sure we could find more use. We could start an RBA thread even... cool.
My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said

Slappy

You lucky, Officially Kodak Trained bastards! I'm still mucking around with the RBA Tutorial manual I downloaded from Kodak & printed on the Indigo. I can follow along well enough, but haven't tried to write my own Rules yet. There was talk of getting us a few days of Training, I'm skeptical.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

johnny_jay

Kodak's own GUA has a rules forum, It's under Workflows "Prinergy RBA Rules Exchange".

http://www.mygua.org

Sorry Joe, I don't mean to guide others to another forum. One here couldn't hurt either.
Preps
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
G7 Expert

Slappy

Yeah, I belong there too & reading those Rules are like another language to somebody who hasn't the first clue! I keep messing with it, I figure eventually I'll either figure it out or break something so horrifically that they'll listen & get us Official Training.