Inks for home

Started by G_Town, June 18, 2009, 10:06:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G_Town

Anyone got a good website for buying liquid gold ink for your home printer?

Epson R220

DCurry

Not really, but one time I bought a multipack from Epson directly. It had all the color inks except for Black, so a total of 5 colors. Someone at the warehouse must have misread the ticket, because I received 5 multipacks for the price of one! And no, I didn't return the extra ones!
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

whoami

http://private.abacus24-7.com/

You can get some good deals there on 3rd party inks, depending on what kind of printer you have.

jimking

Quote from: DCurry on June 18, 2009, 10:33:28 AMNot really, but one time I bought a multipack from Epson directly. It had all the color inks except for Black, so a total of 5 colors. Someone at the warehouse must have misread the ticket, because I received 5 multipacks for the price of one! And no, I didn't return the extra ones!
That happened to me before. I buy my home ink for my epson cx6600 from ebay. The last time I ordered they sent double for the price of one set and it was cheap anyway (3rd party ink). And I think they did it on purpose for return business.

delooch

Quote from: G_Town on June 18, 2009, 10:06:37 AMAnyone got a good website for buying liquid gold ink for your home printer?

ha! havent bought ink or used a home printer since i got this gig!

G_Town

Quote from: delooch on June 18, 2009, 10:51:42 AM
Quote from: G_Town on June 18, 2009, 10:06:37 AMAnyone got a good website for buying liquid gold ink for your home printer?

ha! havent bought ink or used a home printer since i got this gig!

Yea but it's a bitch sneaking the kids into work to print out their homework :tongue:

Joe

You work in printing man. Just dip a gallon out of the press and take it home!
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

G_Town

jimking

Quote from: Joe on June 18, 2009, 11:17:54 AMYou work in printing man. Just dip a gallon out of the press and take it home!
I certainly do that for paper and envelope needs, for sure.

G_Town

Well I just ordered a double set of refilled cartridges for 25 bucks from the land Pandas and Jackie Chan.

We'll see :undecided:

delooch

i got an epson r300 a few years back for xmas. it had the ability to print on printable cd/dvd's. it was the only thing i used it for until i got a lightscribe drive..

I have used the cheap import inks (easily found on ebay) a few times. its OK ink for the money, though you probably will notice coverage/density differences from the EPSON inks..

G_Town

Yea all I really use it for is the kids stuff and printing the occasional directions thing is it does a great job on glossy paper for photos.