HP 5000 & Doubleproof

Started by vinnybear, September 15, 2009, 10:53:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ear

Right on VB, glad you figured it out! Those hidden settings suck. I use Ghost on all my RIP servers to back up the settings. You run it and burn a CD of a clone right after getting all the settings correct, before ripping any actual jobs. I had a drive fry from an electrical storm on my main workflow. If not for Ghost, I'm not sure I would have been able to re-configure all the settings in the workflow and raster blaster.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Ear

My hydraulics are failing on the Doubleproof attachment. The part comes direct form Germany but is a PITA to order. For now, I have a bungee cord holding the flipper in place. Good work Tekgraf. Retards.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

vinnybear

Quote from: Earendil on September 16, 2009, 10:22:49 AMMy hydraulics are failing on the Doubleproof attachment. The part comes direct form Germany but is a PITA to order. For now, I have a bungee cord holding the flipper in place. Good work Tekgraf. Retards.

Ours were failing too - holding up with tape!
Somebody in our office ended up calling and finding the company that sells (sold) the doubleproof. We had another issue - since the hard drive our software was on failed, and we did not have licences anywhere (the software was already installed when we were hired). Anyway, this guy orders a new doubleproof arm with software for $600 - after their original asking price of $1500! Turns out they have a few left in their warehouse, but they do not even list them in their inventory. They were very eager to sell obviously!

We took the hydraulic shocks off the new arm and put them on the existing setup, in part because the reinstall of the new arm looks like it'd be a b#*%! Oh, and we used the $600 for the software licensing. Rest of the new arm will sit around for parts if we ever need it.

Ear

Dang, those are some expensive shocks.  :rolleyes: Guess it was worth it for the licensing but still kinda messed up. My bungee cord works like a charm! I just need to add some duct tape and bailing twine and it'll be a Southern Oregon special! Get-er-dun.

Hey Vinny, have you requested access to the social area yet? You should stick around, this joint gets pretty crazy.