Delta RIP / HP 5500

Started by The Stevinator, November 09, 2007, 09:53:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Stevinator

OK, so some of you know we now have a HP 5500 (no the ps version), and a Delta RIP.  The plotter only takes jpg's or tiff's to print.  Everything else errors out because it's not a postscript printer.  Does anyone know if the Delta RIP (not sure what version yet) will support an output method to this plotter?  Unfortunately the RIP and the plotter were delivered to us from a repo, and absolutely no documentation was given to me!
SJM

hagar_uk

Quote from: The Stevinator on November 09, 2007, 09:53:21 AMOK, so some of you know we now have a HP 5500 (no the ps version), and a Delta RIP.  The plotter only takes jpg's or tiff's to print.  Everything else errors out because it's not a postscript printer.  Does anyone know if the Delta RIP (not sure what version yet) will support an output method to this plotter?  Unfortunately the RIP and the plotter were delivered to us from a repo, and absolutely no documentation was given to me!

The delta RIP can drive the HP5500 via RTL. I have hooked up a few doublesided turning units to them. 
been a ges since I have done one, but from memory it was just a case of installing a windows driver, sharing it, creating a new proofing printer selecting the HP5000 driver and selecting the UNC path of the installed windows printer

The Stevinator

sweet.  thanks for the info.  im gonna be damned if i have to make a jpg or tiff and send it via webacess everytime i need something off the plotter.
SJM