Pantone Color Info

Started by kabeergfx, January 13, 2022, 12:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kabeergfx

Hi Guyz,

Need very basic help, I created a logo and stationery which have 100%black and 100%cyan overall.
Now the print company asking for blue Pantone color which I created using illustrator which is " Pantone P Process Cyan C".

Can someone here confirm if its the correct color? Because they are asking for some number color code.

Thanks

David

there is no Pantone Process Cyan, there is a Pantone Process Blue.
It doesn't really have a number, it's between PMS 306 and PMS 307 in the book.

It's just called Pantone Process Blue C

Did you make a spot color yourself or did you load the one from the Color Book?
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

kabeergfx

I don't have the book, I created it from Adobe Illustrator Pantone color book.

Can you confirm the same match in Pantone for Cyan100%?

David

no, Cyan is not Pantone Process Blue

Livin' la Vida Loca

kabeergfx

Could you confirm which Pantone should I mention to printer? It should be the exact or near match of 100%Blue(C)

David

Pantone Process Blue is the actual name of that color.

Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Quote from: kabeergfx on January 13, 2022, 12:03:56 PM
Hi Guyz,

Need very basic help, I created a logo and stationery which have 100%black and 100%cyan overall.
Now the print company asking for blue Pantone color which I created using illustrator which is " Pantone P Process Cyan C".

Can someone here confirm if its the correct color? Because they are asking for some number color code.

Thanks

So what number are they asking for?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

kabeergfx

I mentioned them already "Pantone Process Blue", But I got a reply "Its not a correct color, It should be something with the numbers like 30U". Btw Pantone is required for the textile/apparel print to match the logo color.

Joe

I asked because "Pantone Process Blue" is not a number. The closest you are going to get to Cyan 100% is with Pantone 312 C which translates to CMYK as C=96% M=5% Y=15% K=0% which is pretty darn close.

There is no match in the Pantone library for something like Process Cyan because if someone wants something to look like Cyan 100% they should just use Cyan 100%.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Possum

There's also a separate library for textiles. They call it fashion and home now I think.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.