LP68 Ultra & Androdiags

Started by elequix, August 22, 2011, 07:02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elequix

Greetings.

LP68 Ultra in house that has developed (hah) some malfunctions; unit is off-contract from Agfa.

EDIT: clarified exact sequence
When unit is powered on (from cold state), the QCP will indicate Covers Open and the roller gearshaft motor will begin cycling. Pulling the interlock key will shut off motor and stop rollers. No unusual noises or odors observed, although I was not present when the operator reported the initial malfunction. Also noted that the finisher tank is failing to heat properly (~30C max, though this could be partially environmental).

Was hoping to hook up Androdiags to dig out more information, yet I can't successfully connect to the console. I am using a USB->Serial converter (on a laptop without a traditional RS232) that has successfully hooked into switches and server consoles for many years. Attempted to jack into both a 9-pin 'AUX' (external, bottom of black electrical box) as well as an unmarked 9-pin attached to outermost PCB. Used a standard RS232 and null modem - no luck. Tx/Rx config'd as per Androdiags manual. Does spec out COM1 as remote port, but I cannot find a 9pin explicitly labeled as such - perhaps I'm missing the correct port?

EDIT: Failed to notice RS232 under 'lip' of QCP - this is the console port used for androdiags.

Diagnostics indicate motor M9 (U1, P29, B1) is cycling continuously @ ~175RPM. Overriding M9 to zero or alternate RPM produces no result, as if override signal is not being observed (motor does seem to be variable DC type). Pulling P29 will stop M9. Checked the signal cable attached to M9; no visible burns or damage and appears to be pulsing control signal properly when cable is tapped to a voltmeter. Locking EN1 (Enable Board #1, U1, P29, B0) to OFF will stop the motor and cause QCP to indicate a COVER OPEN state. Operator did not report any suspicious noise, visuals or odors before the malfunction which makes me think this could be a sensor issue? At the same time we have maintained all the sensors regularly and they check out okay against androdiags and a simulated incoming/outgoing plate. The top cover interlocks being tripped when M9 is overridden has me confused as well. Not entirely sure how to debug the boards themselves.

I'll continue to add more info as I continue to investigate.