Mitsubishi RIP's

Started by delooch, September 12, 2007, 10:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delooch

so does anyone out there have an older mitsubishi rip/platesetter? (ill have to update the model number tomorrow).

we have one thats pretty old, still works, but we cant get support for it anymore.

im about 2 miles away from the one i use - the pressroom is in our municipal center, but my office is in city hall. i send files to the queue that are ready for output, then the pressmen output the plates. the problem is that when files wont process, I cant seem to find an error log or anything on the RIP. i just get a phone call from the press operator saying "it wont process", and thats it.. usually it turns out to be some crappy graphic somewhere, but 99% of the time im guessing because i get no real info from the operator.. its a crappy situation that will take an act of god or higher to change.

the last time this happened, NONE of the files i dropped in the queue would process. after taking a drive over to figure out what was going on, in turns out the hard rive on the RIP was full, and it would just abort when processing new jobs.  turns out the pressmen love to archive old jobs without deleting them, EVER!.. got that fixed, butim just thinking that that thing has to report to an error log somewhere when jobs dont process. i just cant find it. any ideas?

zombie

hi delooch,

drop me an e-mail, i think i can help you somehow, but i need more details.

john