News:

Main Menu

FYI WARNING

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, September 20, 2023, 08:38:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pspdfppdfxhd

PitStop Pro Mac users, don't update yet to the latest Adobe version
Dear Paul,

This week, Adobe released a new update for Adobe Acrobat (v2023.006.20320). Unfortunately, the Mac version of this update introduced a problem for PitStop Pro: when you select an object(s) in PitStop Pro, the selected objects and anchor points are not displayed, however, as seen in the Inspector tool the object is selected, and the functionality of PitStop Pro remains. There is no workaround for this issue, so we would like to advise PitStop users on a Mac not to update Acrobat at this time. Windows users are not affected. 

We have reported the issue to Adobe, and are in discussion with their engineers on how to resolve the issue. Please be assured that we will resolve this issue as soon as possible. When there is a fix, we will let you know via email. 

There is a knowledgebase article available on the topic.

In general, we recommend turning off automatic updates for Acrobat, to prevent inconvenient consequences in PitStop in the future.

Kind regards 
 Tim Bernaerdt
 Head of Customer Success

Possum

Adobe doesn't have to fix it, it's a feature! Get into the future, man, Adobe don't make mistakes.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

born2print

Half the gang here fell into that trap :shrug:
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

Possum

Turning off automatic updates is probably the best thing for any software these days. At least until you find out that others have had no problems with the latest update of anything. Use the general, uninformed public for guinea pigs.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

born2print

Yep, I'm ok on the cutting edge but not the bleeding edge lol
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...