remapping colors in artpro

Started by G_Town, October 18, 2007, 12:55:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G_Town

Being that we are still back in the stone age as far as versions go I'm wondering if they have made it possible yet to remap colors in artpro, say for example you have a PMS 485 and a Pantone 485 CV is it possible to merge one 485 onto the other?

Keeping in mind I want to do it after import for various reasons and not merge the seps at printing either. Naturally I could do it at import but say I get retarded and don't notice both seps until the file has been trapped and had extra work done to it etc..

Thanks

Joe

I've never used Artpro but it's little sister, Nexus Edit, can do it.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

G_Town

Ok now I'm feeling really stupid.

How?

whoami

You can defenitely do it in Artpro now.  We are using Artpro 8.2 rev3 and it has the option to remap any color to whatever you want.  Here is a screen capture of how you remap colors.   

Zimmy3

Quote from: G_Town on October 18, 2007, 12:55:04 PMis it possible to merge one 485 onto the other?
Not that I know of.
Somebody tell me......

Depending on how complex your file is, when I do the retarded thing,I'll grab the objects of 1 color
and paste to a new document,fix the ink name and paste back in.

EDIT:your pic finally popped up...THANKS!
Because it feels good !

whoami

G_Town

Oh thats freakin sweet. If I ever had a huge grip with AP that is it.

Thanks, I'm off to upgrade!
 ;D

PreStressed

You can also handle the remap during import.

whoami

If i remember correctly you can't remap CT in Artpro only LW.  The Import Module can be set to just convert one color not others for those jobs that have multiple spot colors. 

G_Town

Quote from: whoami on October 22, 2007, 11:06:00 PMIf i remember correctly you can't remap CT in Artpro only LW.  The Import Module can be set to just convert one color not others for those jobs that have multiple spot colors. 

Well you could map them (cts) manually we do that all the time I just wanted a way to map colors after import.