News:

Main Menu

Looking for a font

Started by Chelle, January 28, 2009, 05:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chelle

So... I have these customers - that I like (seriously, I like them) - and I'm designing a business card for the husband's business (already did the wife's) and he LOVES this font, but he doesn't like the fact that the "A" is lower case. And they want to know: can I find a font LIKE THIS that has an "A" that is upper case. I spent I don't know how much time yesterday searching and my brain is about to do this:

:blowup:

Anybody got any ideas? This is the font, by the way... Spring LP...

http://www.fonts.com/FindFonts/detail.htm?pid=206589

IF you have/find anything (that I don't have to buy... hee...), you can either post a link here or PM me and I'll send you my work email addy.
Due to lack of interest, today has been cancelled....

FACT OF LIFE: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F

beermonster

havent a clue but boy you are in for some stick using a scripty type face :laugh:
 :laugh: :laugh:

type a cap a from Brush script, convert to outlines in illy - see how that looks
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

Chelle

Bite me, boy. It's what he wanted. :angry:

youston

That IS an uppercase A ... is cursive writing a skill they don't teach wherever your client came from?

beermonster

yes but they dont be loikin it mate - they wantses something else tricksy peoples do

DigitalCrapShoveler

I got something that will work... but, I am not at work. When I get there, I'll dig it up.
Member #285 - Civilian

beermonster

Chelle

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on January 28, 2009, 08:40:37 AMI got something that will work... but, I am not at work. When I get there, I'll dig it up.
I did the Brush Script thing that Beer suggested and sent off a proof to Colorado to see what they think. I thought of that yesterday but decided to be stoopid and waste time looking for something else. I'm sure they'll take a week to get back to me again. But send me what you have just for the hell of it, DCS. Thanks!

Chelle

Quote from: youston on January 28, 2009, 08:18:50 AMThat IS an uppercase A ... is cursive writing a skill they don't teach wherever your client came from?
I know that and YOU know that. These are not OUR kind of people. :rolleyes:

Zach

Speaking of fonts. I'm dying to get my mouse onto Verdana Sans-Serif. Can someone help me?
Operating System: Gas, Direct Piston Driven, High Cyclic Rate, Belt-Fed.

Zach

Quote from: Zach  on January 28, 2009, 10:32:37 AMSpeaking of fonts. I'm dying to get my mouse onto Verdana Sans-Serif. Can someone help me?
Nevermind. I'm stupid today
Operating System: Gas, Direct Piston Driven, High Cyclic Rate, Belt-Fed.

David

that's okay...

I was stupid the other day...

but then I came home and it all worked out.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

jimking

Maybe this site can help. Not sure of all its uses and tools but it is handy when you've got an unknown font you need to identify.http://www.myfonts.com/findfonts.html

tapdn

Quote from: david on January 28, 2009, 12:26:29 PMthat's okay...

...I was stupid all day last Friday, but didn't know it till I got home and was told by my wife. :undecided:
usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

gnubler

Quote from: tapdn on January 28, 2009, 12:39:18 PM
Quote from: david on January 28, 2009, 12:26:29 PMthat's okay...

...I was stupid all day last Friday, but didn't know it till I got home and was told by my wife. :undecided:

My husband is stupid, but I'm semi-smart.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david