by swampymarsh
September 18, 2018, 03:32:12 AM

xx
Indesign Spontaneous Swatch Change
by born2print
September 13, 2018, 05:52:20 PM

Topic: Fonts in Illy CS6 on Mac (Read 1880 times) previous topic - next topic

Fonts in Illy CS6 on Mac

I need a glyph of a diamond shape to recreate a logo in Illy CS6, but none of my dingbat fonts work in Illy CS6 on Mac. I loaded the font into the Library/Application Support/Adobe/Fonts directory and they show up on the list, but with the caret parenthesis (like this: <ITC Zapf Dingbats>) like it's corrupt or something. I can use those fonts in InDesign without issue. I set the type in ID, exported to pdf, opened the pdf in Illy but it turned into this: (screenshot). Any ideas?

Obviously I can draw a square and rotate it 45 degrees... but I just want to figure this out.

If I open the glyph window in Illy, I can't change between fonts. It picks a default font (Myriad Pro) and won't let it be changed to anything else.
"I'm not addicted to cocaine. I just like the way it smells."
– Richard Pryor

“Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.”
― Ernest Hemingway

Re: Fonts in Illy CS6 on Mac

Reply #2
He wants to resolve the issue for some sick reason.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Reply #3
This morning, after a reboot, "it just works."
"I'm not addicted to cocaine. I just like the way it smells."
– Richard Pryor

“Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.”
― Ernest Hemingway

Reply #4
Maybe a reboot will "just fix" my Firefox issue.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Reply #6

Maybe a reboot will "just fix" my Firefox issue.

Fixed?

Reply #7

This morning, after a reboot, "it just works."

I don't have any font utility so i usually just install the font in question on to my computer and restart Illy, 90% of the time it works every time.