Dynagram Releases DynaStrip 5.0, Introducing Mark Sets and Simplified JDF Output

Started by jezza, September 18, 2007, 11:57:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jezza

(Press Release)
Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Dynagram, the innovative leader in imposition technologies, announces the release of DynaStrip 5.0. The addition of Mark Sets and advanced JDF features make imposition faster and easier than ever before.

Mark Sets

DynaStrip now offers the option of creating customized Mark Sets. Mark Sets reuse existing DynaStrip individual marks and can be applied to any projects, therefore creating considerable time gains. Mark Sets may be created and applied when using the Dynamo QuickLayout, for an even simpler way of creating your complete imposition in just a few clicks. Mark Sets can also be added directly on the light table to the entire job, to any selection of sheets or to a specific pagination sequence. They are especially useful to complete the layout when importing JDF Stripping data.

Several Mark Sets may also be applied to a same imposition in layers. Sets may include register marks, collating marks, imported marks, text tags, side guides and all types of linear marks. When Mark Sets are saved on the network, they can be used by any DynaStrip user.

Simplified JDF output
The interface has been updated to simplify the user experience with the "JDF output" feature. Also, the "JDF output" feature of DynaStrip has successfully passed a JDF certification testing performed by the Printing Industries of America/Graphic Arts Technical Foundation (PIA/GATF), under the rules and standards established by the International Cooperation for the Integration of the Processes in Prepress, Press and Postpress (CIP4) organization. This certification attests to DynaStrip's interoperability conformance to ensure the exchange of JDF files with other JDF-enabled and CIP4-certified prepress systems, such as workflows and RIPs.

For a complete list of what is new in this release, visit www.dynagram.com. To purchase this upgrade and obtain your upgrade code, please contact sales@dynagram.com BEFORE downloading the version.
one sick prepress mofo

frailer

I'm assuming, by the sound of it, this is a PAYING upgrade for all current Dyna users. Shall check out what version we have, [only had it since Dec last year]. Doesn't sound like the free upgrade,say, in PREPS from 5.1.2 >5.2.1> 5.3.
gotta find time to master the basics of PREPS! just got it sitting there. [shouldn't admit that really, should I]....forget I said that last bit...
Actually, can't wait to get into a PDF flow. PREPS' postscript frightens me on occasions. :o Wouldn't mind so much if the PostScripting happened at the last minute at RIP. Celebra's pretty problem free anyway.
We shall see...
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

almaink

Makes me laugh at all the money people spend on these Imposition programs when they already has a great Impo app if they have InDesign. Set up a template make your marks using a script and impose PDF's. Then all you gotta do it re-link PDF's for new similar jobs. I've been doing this for over a year now using RAMpage without any issues.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

Joe

Hey almaink, I'd be interested to know the volume of plates you output per day. I'm sure InDesign does fine but I can't imagine manually imposing the amount of jobs we do. I can impose a 400 page phone book in about 10 minutes in Preps. Since we installed our 2nd CTP unit we're outputting about 300-400 plates per day. Manually placing that many pages would be cumbersome IMO.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

almaink

Joe Impo's are all done, all I do now is open the template and relink the PDF. Yes I still have to make the occasional template for odd jobs but with scripts it doesn't take that long in Indy. When I knew we were going to this RAMpage system I started making templates for common jobs and also made blank PDF's for the amount of pages for standard jobs such as 16 page S/W and the like. I should package it all and sell it...
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

frailer

Just realised I said in my post above, should have read "find time to master the basics of DYNA" D'Oh!

Yeah almaink, i do my fair share of imposing from templates in Indy, but there's a bit of manual work in the re-linking, right? Or am I missing something I should be doing to make life easier.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.