Color Aliasing Between the Sheets

Started by Holsinger60, November 13, 2014, 12:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holsinger60

We use a registration system on a few of our presses (Diamonds and CC1 Marks). Now, I understand using the color alias part of XMF. I can use a custom mark and alias my "diamonds" as needed on simple 1-2pt jobs that use the same colors part to part. Where I'm having an issue is when I need the same color to alias to a different position or "color" (ie Spot1, Spot2) on different sheets in the same impo. What I'm trying to avoid is having to create a bunch of the same custom mark with colors going all the way up to like Spot48 (Diamonds1: Spots1-6; Diamonds2: Spots 7-12; etc.) . So far, my biggest frustration with XMF is not being able to control colors on each individual side of a sheet (a la Prinergy). Impossible? Or am I missing something? Did I describe this to where it makes any kind of sense?

Ear

Makes sense. We use RGS diamonds here too.

I have not found a way to map colors from a job to custom marks, unfortunately. We don't do a lot of spot work on the webs, fortunately, so I end up creating custom spot diamonds for those jobs.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Lyzan

Is PitStop action going to help?

Holsinger60

Don't think a Pitstop action would help. I think all of this would need to take place inside the XMF Client itself. I've revisited with them again on this subject and none of them have a work around. Just kind of FUBAR'd on this topic unless something changes. I work in a business forms plant and a great majority of what we do is spot color work. On the plus side, there's only 3 presses that use these marks. This function would be beneficial in a lot of other scenarios I see regularly though.