Acrobat 8 is pathetic

Started by Joe, October 30, 2007, 10:59:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beermonster

the UI it absolute pants. i really really dislike it almost as much as freehand - but not quite as much as quack
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

Joe

I made a bug report and a feature request to Adobe over the way this piece of crap operates (didn't word it quite like that) but I suspect I have a better chance of winning the lottery than getting it fixed.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

doubting_thomas

Quote from: Joe on November 08, 2007, 10:58:45 AMI made a bug report and a feature request to Adobe over the way this piece of crap operates (didn't word it quite like that) but I suspect I have a better chance of winning the lottery than getting it fixed.
Or a better chance of getting a straight answer from Quack about transparency.

Joe

Quote from: doubting_thomas on November 08, 2007, 07:05:29 PM
Quote from: Joe on November 08, 2007, 10:58:45 AMI made a bug report and a feature request to Adobe over the way this piece of crap operates (didn't word it quite like that) but I suspect I have a better chance of winning the lottery than getting it fixed.
Or a better chance of getting a straight answer from Quack about transparency.

LOL...yeah, still waiting for that one too! ;D

jezza

one sick prepress mofo

cjwworld

Quote from: ninjaPB_43 on October 30, 2007, 02:12:34 PMstill in testing stages..   but I have been less than impressed..   I still use Acro 7 for 100% of my work.

I agree with you there, i still use Acrobat 7.  Acrobat 8 was anoying

chris

DigitalCrapShoveler

Hell, I still use Acrobat 6. I only use 7 for flattening. Acrobat 8 is flakier than Donald Trumps scalp.
Member #285 - Civilian

pdboddy

Quote from: Joe  on October 30, 2007, 10:59:51 AMPlus Acrobat 8 with Pitstop 7.22...bring up Pitstop action list and all is fine. Close Pitstop action list and reopen it and it shows a blank gray screen where the actions used to be. Have to quit out of Acrobat and reopen to see your actions again. Anoyone else seeing this with Pistop in Acro 8?

Yeah, I am seeing that as well.  I just mash the action button a few times and it comes back.  The inspector window does this too, and I mash option-apple-i a few times and it comes back.

As far as Acro8 goes... did they have to make it so bloaty?  I thought Reader 8 was sluggish, but Acro8 takes the cake.

Joe

Quote from: pdboddy on February 13, 2008, 11:16:39 AMAs far as Acro8 goes... did they have to make it so bloaty?  I thought Reader 8 was sluggish, but Acro8 takes the cake.

After doing the Acrobat 8.1.2 update and the update to Leopard 10.5.2 Acrobat 8 opens in a flash. It's pretty darned impressive. It will start Acrobat and have the PDF open in 2 seconds on my iMac. Problem is that it still sucks after that.

almaink

Yep it opens faster than I can force quit it now...
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

tapdn

...and when I preflight with 8 it "fixes" the files automatically an got to jump thru hoops to undo the "fixes"!! Wotz with that crap. I think Acrobat 8 is blonde!!!
usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

Joe

Well now if it's "fixed" why would you want to undo it? Just remember, "Adobe knows best!"....

tapdn

Quote from: Joe  on February 13, 2008, 06:36:31 PMWell now if it's "fixed" why would you want to undo it? Just remember, "Adobe knows best!"....

...yeah right, what was I thinking!  :-)
usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

LRob

I don't know what you guys are talking about? I love Acro 8 :kiss: I gives me the overtime I need! Slow and slugish :azn: Payed by the hour :grin: