Straight Export vs. "for later Distlll..."

Started by frailer, January 19, 2008, 04:55:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Not sure where to put this, but I think Quark's in the frame as much as anything else. 2 imposed mono PDF flats out of Dynastrip froze at Active Interpret on the RIP.
Refry to PS from Acro 7>reDistill...no result. I have been doing the usual print to .ps from Quark, then Distilling. This time I tried Export...having recently set it up in Prefs to print PostScript "for later Distilling". This it duly did. I then duly Distlled this .ps instead...and it went through the RIP. Admittedly I had restarted the RIP in between, which muddies the diagnosis; but, at least the desired result.
Have heard mention that the .ps which Quark does "for later Distilling", is "quite different" to the usual .ps when you Print it. This could have been mentioned here, or maybe at PP.
Anyone know why? A more RIP friendly PDF? Could it be involved in the file RIP'ing properly? Just wonderin'   :-\
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

frailer

Quick clarification...I re-Exported the pages from Quark, [now .ps for later distilling], and took them back into DynaStrip...reprinted the job. No other changes in Dyna; just new Source Docs...Dyna is PDF>in...PDF>out.
Confusing?  ???
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

My bet is on the RIP re-start. I think when you export to .ps or print to .ps it still prints to .ps. I think...
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.