Guide Removal Script?

Started by Jon Morgan, January 15, 2008, 07:55:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon Morgan

Hi Forum,

I am looking for an AppleScript that will remove all guides from all pages.  So far, all my Googling has turned up one big goose egg.  Anyone have a script that does this or know what the command(s) would be do this (I am not a programmer)?

Many thanks,
Jon :-)

Pointyhat

Utilities > Guide Manager > Remove or Lock guides.
All sorts of nifty things you can do there.

almaink

Remove all guides

To remove all guides from a document, option-click the horizontal and vertical rulers. If the ruler is overlapping the page, then all the page guides will be removed. If the ruler is not touching the actual page, then only the pasteboard guides (guides that appear outside the page) will be removed.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

Jon Morgan

Quote from: Pointyhat on January 15, 2008, 08:14:10 AMUtilities > Guide Manager > Remove or Lock guides.

Ah ok, sweet.  It's funny the things that are right in front of you but you don't see.  I would still be interested in seeing if removing all guides from all pages could be scripted in AppleScript.

Cheers and thank you!

Jon Morgan

Quote from: almaink on January 15, 2008, 08:28:53 AMRemove all guides

To remove all guides from a document, option-click the horizontal and vertical rulers. If the ruler is overlapping the page, then all the page guides will be removed. If the ruler is not touching the actual page, then only the pasteboard guides (guides that appear outside the page) will be removed.

That worked well too.  Thank you!

Pointyhat

Yea, but mine was better wasn't it?  ;)

hotmetal

I just hit F7, works like a charm!
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." ...
Hunter S. Thompson

Sparky

Quote from: Jon Morgan on January 15, 2008, 08:43:57 AM
Quote from: Pointyhat on January 15, 2008, 08:14:10 AMUtilities > Guide Manager > Remove or Lock guides.

Ah ok, sweet.  It's funny the things that are right in front of you but you don't see.  I would still be interested in seeing if removing all guides from all pages could be scripted in AppleScript.

Cheers and thank you!

Jon for something like that you may find it here: http://bbs.applescript.net/

When I was trying to understand and study scripting I belonged to this forum. Someone there may already have one or will be willing to write it for you.
"No well engineered plan survives contact with reality"