Good things about Quark

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, October 01, 2007, 10:16:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: gnubler on November 24, 2010, 11:49:17 PM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on November 24, 2010, 11:47:19 PMRed Dawn... changed my life.

Ditto. And it's one of the shittiest movies ever. :laugh: Unless you look beneath the surface, of course...

You DO understand. :wink: :ninja:
Member #285 - Civilian

gnubler

Duh. I think you already knew that. Roadhouse? HELLO??? :sarcasm:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

pspdfppdfxhd

Quark tombstone...haha....but they are STILL AROUND.... don't think some people will ever stop using it, they can't cope with the "learning curve" on InDesign or are just plain addicted to frustration. That's always possible.

Tracy

yeah, I think a lot of the desingers who started with quark, keep upgrading
They are never shown how to use indesign, I would be willing to teach them.
we upgrade our version of quark just for 2-3 customers.

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on November 25, 2010, 09:01:32 AMyeah, I think a lot of the desingers who started with quark, keep upgrading
They are never shown how to use indesign, I would be willing to teach them.
we upgrade our version of quark just for 2-3 customers.

Same here. We have one customer in particular that has been hanging onto Quark like a life raft for years. His main concern is having to re-learn a new program. I haven't had the heart to tell him he isn't that good on the one he is using (Quark). I think this week we've talked him into a new Mac Mini and CS5. We'll see.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

beermonster

well in my new field of business seems the standards in rips n stuff are caldera, postershop etc (afaik not appe based yet), and i had a fantastic conversation with the quark "fanatic" who said creative suite didnt work and the colours were always wrong from files that originate from creative suite etc. there were always little elements that somehow became tiffs and changed colour when he dropped them into quark and ripped em......

....then he told me postscript wasn't dead :banghead:

and he'd never heard of "appe" at all........as for "pdf rendering" - pffft you'd have thought he was thinking i was making it up the look on his face :laugh: :laugh:

very nice chap and i think i'm gonna get some work off him  :cheesy:

Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

Tracy

Hey Beermonster!
Sounds like your business is working out!

Joe

Quote from: beermonster on November 25, 2010, 10:19:21 AMwell in my new field of business seems the standards in rips n stuff are caldera, postershop etc (afaik not appe based yet), and i had a fantastic conversation with the quark "fanatic" who said creative suite didnt work and the colours were always wrong from files that originate from creative suite etc. there were always little elements that somehow became tiffs and changed colour when he dropped them into quark and ripped em......

....then he told me postscript wasn't dead :banghead:

and he'd never heard of "appe" at all........as for "pdf rendering" - pffft you'd have thought he was thinking i was making it up the look on his face :laugh: :laugh:

very nice chap and i think i'm gonna get some work off him  :cheesy:

Hello beer...

Sounds like he is stuck in 1998. Most Quark diehards are though. And you can tell he keeps up with the industry. :sarcasm:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Hey beer, some things change, but some stay the same.   :laugh:   Headbanging customers, for one...   :rolleyes:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.