Contract color proofs - imposed press sheet or single "loose" pages?

Started by DCurry, May 13, 2009, 06:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slappy

A little late to the discussion, but we do both. That's right TWO proofs for the price of one!!

We do an imposed color proof on the Epson 9800Pro, and folded/stitched proofs low-res on the DesignJet 4000 w/ the Spinjet. If there are color corrections we do loose page proofs on the 9800, if there are type or any non-critical corrections, loose page proofs on the DesignJet that get attached to the original composed proof.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

David

We do the same too Slappy, it's just the Epson is a "contract proof" for color and we use an HP5000 for the backed-up "content" proof.
We can either use the Epson or a Kodak approval for "contract" color, depending on how big your wallet is.
And, yes, we do seem to be doing quite a few more Epsons now-a-days.

:wink:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Edgar

Hello guys!

I think the proof goes with the client and production preferences. Our clients don't need to check imposition, marks and all the surrounding things. Our clients want to check content in a short time so we show them "loose proofs". Once signed up, our ctp staff join the pages to create the imposition sheets (according to our production plan).

When clients change a page, we only replace that page as easy as it gets.

In the production side, there's no problem working with "Frankestein proofs".

Our market is full color jobs, good quality in shortest production time. I don't know what it means (my boss told me that) but I'm going crazy working in this way.

Nice to see you back!

Alleluyah!

gnubler

Wow, Edgar was here? COME BACK! We need more Mexicans hanging out here! Plus, I wanted to clarify the definitions on some new Spanish street slang I've picked up recently.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DigitalCrapShoveler

Oh? Do tell. I love adding to my alternate language repertoire.
Member #285 - Civilian

Edgar

Spanish 101- Your spanish teacher at a click of a mouse.
(Don't let me do your spanish homework)

Did I lost something here in these years?

Proofing seems to be an eternal topic. I prefer to do what the production and our clients need. Those needs change in the way of the kind of clients you have, the style of production in your shop, even in shops located in different regions around your country or around this world.

I visited a mexican region where they don't need a contract proofing for approve jobs, even when they are keep working with imagesetters. They only see color prints output in an office-inkjet desktop printer. Their clients don't need a contract proof nor they don't want to pay for.

kermit

Rampage JVX, gmg DotProof, Harlequin, Isis, Preps, Pitstop, Full-auto Screen CTP, FinalProof, Epson 98, 48, Hp Z2100, HP 5500 SpinJet, HP 1050c, MassTransit, Rumpus, CommunigatePro, presses