Confirm this basic picture

Started by frailer, November 06, 2009, 04:08:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron

yeah, do the same here. Gotta love technology.
Prinergy 6.1, UpFront, Magnus Quantum 400 , Epson 9880, Insite 7.0, Sonora

"You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts." -- John Cleese, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Farabomb

QuoteKeeps the pressman out of the plate room with their "something must be wrong with the processor" comments.

I normally just use a baseball bat. We've had issues with magenta plates but the pressmen insist it's not the press.  :rolleyes:
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

frailer

Thanks G. Am already nutting out a similar setup. Turns out that it was about 30% drift, on our part, maybe. But their press conditions have changed. Their densities were out/too high. Colour guy added Characterisation Curves on top of EuroscaleV2. K,Y big problems. But I see it as us making adjustments for them. They think, (I'm sure), that we had a problem. Waste of time trying to discuss it. The usual.

From now on, the X-Rite cop is on duty.   :police:    :laugh:

Sheesh...better clarify. Wasn't awake when I posted that. By 30% drift, I meant %age of responsibility. The other 70% was dot gain/density etc. on the press, IMO. They (printers) just don't get the sequence. Once you've calibrated output on setter, then tested for dot gain. Then adjusted back...the rest is stock, press conditions, ink densities, blankets...the list goes on. These are not prepress-controlled issues. Try suggesting that. Kangaroo-in-the-headlights look...
How times have changed too. 15~20 years ago, we used to get bureau film through the door, along with Chromalins. Handful of ads, to be bench-planned in. Accompanying proofs. To a degree it was a game of pass-the-parcel, where the music never stopped. Now, we own this stuff. I'm not so sure I like "ownership"...   :laugh:

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.