Type moves when PostScripting

Started by frailer, November 03, 2007, 04:01:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Kinda rushed out to get home after this one, so can't check some details till Monday. Downloaded 4 pp from a UK ftp site. Quark doc. Opened it in 6.52 without even thinking about it. All worked OK, apart from the designer "pre-imposing" the pages as pairs, [they just don't "get" impo apps., do they?].

Pretty simple, basically 3 big TIFFs and a PDF. The only fonts were 2 on P.1 [F/C]. Title, basically; sitting 9mm down and in from top right. But..each time I .ps'd it the type block moved UP by 5mm. In a bit of a rush, so got around it by pulling the type block down in the Distilled PDF, in PitStop, and taking that into PREPS.

Is it possible this is a Q6/Q7 issue? As in a Project save-down that is giving me grief? Shall look at the Quark doc Monday and see if I can get any pointers as to origin/version. never struck this particular one before. Scary, really, especially if we're facing that with the whole doc. This was ONE block of type. :o
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Gutnbg

I just ran into a similar problem this week. It was in the pdf, which was cropped in Acrobat. When I printed it, the pdf acted as if it were not cropped; in other words, all the crop marks in the upper left were showing. I eps'd that and placed it in the same spot.

Secondarily, did you try a "fresh" text box?
Too weeks ago i cuddent even spel PRINTOR an now i are one

frailer

QuoteSecondarily, did you try a "fresh" text box?Secondarily, did you try a "fresh" text box?

As in, delete text box, re-type, Save>.ps>test it? No, but will certainly give it a go as an exercise late Monday. If the imposed job gets the nod on Monday it may save us the better part of a day. This one's stupidly behind deadline,[What deadline?! >:(]
Thank god for PSP, or Enfocus, or someone...
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

almaink

PDF's & Quack don't play well together. I never let one stay in any Quack document always open in either Acrobat or Illustrator and re-save as an eps then replace in Quack. Doing so I've yet to have any more issues. Just one more reason why Quack files are more expensive to process.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

Gutnbg

Sorry I haven't been around. Frailer, that's exactly what I meant. Alma, you're absolutely right.

Sometimes it takes two go-rounds. I've eps'd files from Acrobat, then had to reopen and resave in Photoshop or Illy to get the preview, which just seemed a little crazy.
Too weeks ago i cuddent even spel PRINTOR an now i are one

Joe

Quote from: Gutnbg on November 28, 2007, 09:38:43 AMSorry I haven't been around. Frailer, that's exactly what I meant. Alma, you're absolutely right.

Sometimes it takes two go-rounds. I've eps'd files from Acrobat, then had to reopen and resave in Photoshop or Illy to get the preview, which just seemed a little crazy.

When you save as EPS there are EPS options that allow you to save with a preview.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

jezza

For best results in Quark, I've found using the Jpeg preview when saving an eps easier to work with on screen
one sick prepress mofo