Don't ever try to bitch at Quark or even ask a question.

Started by Pointyhat, November 26, 2007, 04:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

I've found the secret to working with Quark. You find ONE font that works and you only use it. And make sure you only use square boxes with JPEG files compressed as far as possible and text (using that one font). Jobs fly outta there when you do it that way. Oh, and you're much better off if all your jobs are 2 color...black & white. That whole color spectrum is for sissies!
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

LoganBlade

I found marqksware qu2id. it screws up some things but i can work with it
"dyslexics have more fnu"

hotmetal

The scary thing is that I've had a bunch of jobs come through in Q7 now and... dang, 7.3 actually works! I talked the boss into giving me another 4GB of ram (8 total) in my spiff Intel G5 and lo and behold, the error message went away and I actually CAN flatten those Quark dropshadows!

But don't tell my co-workers. I just finally got them to quit exporting InDesign files to EPS and opening them in Illustrator because they didn't feel like learning InDesign and didn't think it would be around very long...
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." ...
Hunter S. Thompson

papa v2.0

i love you when you get angry

as we say in scotland
haud her ghowin lass

(keep her or it going) englander speek

pointy rules ok

Joe

Just had a job last night that has this very problem with fonts. InDesign sees them, even TextEdit sees them. Opened them with Font Agent Pro, Fontbook, and placed in users/~/library/fonts folder and still everybody can see them except Quark. And logout/login or restart Mac does not help. Funny thing is every now and then when you open the Quark doc one of the fonts that was missing earlier is now recognized but another that was recognized earlier is now missing. I can never get it to open where they are all recognized.

Dear Quark XPress,

It shouldn't be this hard...

Regards,
Frustrated in prepress

Pointyhat

Quote from: papa v2.0 on November 27, 2007, 09:45:15 PMi love you when you get angry

as we say in scotland
haud her ghowin lass

(keep her or it going) englander speek

pointy rules ok

And i love you when you speak Scottish to me!!!!!

almaink

Quote from: Joe on November 28, 2007, 11:07:45 AMJust had a job last night that has this very problem with fonts. InDesign sees them, even TextEdit sees them. Opened them with Font Agent Pro, Fontbook, and placed in users/~/library/fonts folder and still everybody can see them except Quark. And logout/login or restart Mac does not help. Funny thing is every now and then when you open the Quark doc one of the fonts that was missing earlier is now recognized but another that was recognized earlier is now missing. I can never get it to open where they are all recognized.

Dear Quark XPress,

Regards,

No it shouldn't be that hard. One thing you could try is to trash the Quack Jaws TT folder in the Quack Application folder. I got a script to do it for me here– http://scriptbuilders.net/files/quark6fontreset2.0.html

Frustrated in prepress
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

Joe

Quote from: Joe on November 28, 2007, 11:07:45 AMJust had a job last night that has this very problem with fonts. InDesign sees them, even TextEdit sees them. Opened them with Font Agent Pro, Fontbook, and placed in users/~/library/fonts folder and still everybody can see them except Quark. And logout/login or restart Mac does not help. Funny thing is every now and then when you open the Quark doc one of the fonts that was missing earlier is now recognized but another that was recognized earlier is now missing. I can never get it to open where they are all recognized.

Dear Quark XPress,

Regards,
Frustrated in prepress

Quote from: almaink on November 28, 2007, 11:55:58 AMNo it shouldn't be that hard. One thing you could try is to trash the Quack Jaws TT folder in the Quack Application folder. I got a script to do it for me here– http://scriptbuilders.net/files/quark6fontreset2.0.html

Thanks...I'll give it a try tonight when I dive back into the Quark sludgepit.

ninjaPB_43

People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

Joe

ninjaPB_43

People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley