Your company's website

Started by gnubler, August 17, 2010, 11:19:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

gnubler

Quote from: Joe on August 17, 2010, 08:44:11 PMAnd.......????

Ditto.

Waiting for the gruesome punchline.

Is it naughty & dark? Count me...in.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

gnubler

Be patient, DCS is on his dinner break. (3 smokes)
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Captain_Type

Is a Sign Business the opposite of a De-Sign Business?
Esko Automation Engine 23
ArtPro+ 23
Javelin Imagesetter

DigitalCrapShoveler

No punchline. I am trying to find alternatives to taking another Prepress job when my tour is up. I used to work in the sign business, I'm thinking of getting back in. Not doing the same thing, that's where the idea comes in.
Member #285 - Civilian

ratintrap

The database for our website apparently spontaneously vaporized yesterday. The owner of the company we use is restoring the site using the most recent backup they have available. The most recent backup is from . . . July 2009. :angry:

That's a year worth of archived news articles down the drain. :banghead:

gnubler

DigiCorn

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on August 18, 2010, 08:51:06 AMNo punchline. I am trying to find alternatives to taking another Prepress job when my tour is up. I used to work in the sign business, I'm thinking of getting back in. Not doing the same thing, that's where the idea comes in.
Really? Me too. I was a tech rep for Sign*A*Rama... went around showing people how to cut pressure sensitive vinyl, use software, and install those plastic letters on the sides of buildings - didn't do any electrical or neon work. What did you do?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

gnubler

Quote from: digital@sig-1.com on August 23, 2010, 12:37:37 PM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on August 18, 2010, 08:51:06 AMNo punchline. I am trying to find alternatives to taking another Prepress job when my tour is up. I used to work in the sign business, I'm thinking of getting back in. Not doing the same thing, that's where the idea comes in.
Really? Me too. I was a tech rep for Sign*A*Rama... went around showing people how to cut pressure sensitive vinyl, use software, and install those plastic letters on the sides of buildings - didn't do any electrical or neon work. What did you do?

Are you serious? This is going to sound unbelievable, but I was once offered a job in a sign shop! I'm beginning to think this is beyond coincidental. Me, you, and DCS have some sort of uncanny connection.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Electrical and neon work.
Member #285 - Civilian

David

another 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon.

weird, I like bacon with my eggs.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on August 23, 2010, 12:41:41 PM

Electrical and neon work.

When they tentatively offered me the job, the owner (Ted) said I had to go out with the installment crew and dig a 24 inch deep & round pit in 12 minutes. I was like "no" because I don't dig ditches for $8/hr.

gnubler

Quote from: david on August 23, 2010, 12:44:05 PManother 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon.

weird, I like bacon with my eggs.

My jaw nearly hit the floor when I read this. Hold on now, because I LIKE BACON WITH MY BACON.

Or is that too redundant and cancels itself out into nonexistence?