Opening Quark files with the correct version

Started by DCurry, December 06, 2007, 09:19:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCurry

Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

DCurry

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

beermonster

Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

almaink

LOL nice, I feel your pain tho, having to use Quack 7 at all...
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

Pointyhat

Again Dan. Excellent avatar usage!

Where's Eddie? He usually eats these God damn things.

gnubler

Quote from: Pointyhat on December 06, 2007, 10:48:23 AMAgain Dan. Excellent avatar usage!

I miss the fine collection of hideous hairstyles.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Pointyhat

I'm assuming this is just a nod to the season and the hairstyles will be back in 08. Ok, not assuming, demanding the hairstyles will be back in 08.

DCurry

Quote from: gnubler on December 06, 2007, 10:56:08 AMI miss the fine collection of hideous hairstyles.

Oh, it will return - I was just jealous of everyone's holiday-themed avatars like Hermie and the Snow Monster.

Pointyhat

I had to change mine. My other one made alma dizzy.  :P

jezza

Quote from: Pointyhat on December 06, 2007, 12:42:24 PMone made alma dizzy.  :P

Made me black out!

Cool post D,

Just for those of you who come here without visiting the front page, Planet Quark is listed on the right hand side
one sick prepress mofo

hotmetal

Sorry to be getting back to the original post here, but could someone refresh my memory on why opening Quark files in the same version they were saved to (versions 6 & 7) is important?
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." ...
Hunter S. Thompson

jezza

Text reflow, the type engine changed, and updated Pantone Libraries.

There is an option to use Legacy Pantone Libraries in QX 7 I believe, not had to use it myself
one sick prepress mofo

born2print

Quote from: DCurry on December 06, 2007, 11:01:37 AM
Quote from: gnubler on December 06, 2007, 10:56:08 AMI miss the fine collection of hideous hairstyles.

Oh, it will return - I was just jealous of everyone's holiday-themed avatars like Hermie and the Snow Monster.
Cool, good to hear Clark... I mean Dan!
All around me are familiar faces
Worn-out places, worn-out faces
Bright and early for their daily races
Going nowhere, going nowhere

Sparky

OK so you download the app to warn you or tell you what version the document will open in...

Is this going to act like the old "Pateboard Extension" did in version 3.2 > 4.0  so unless the "receiver" of the document has this app it won't open in the version it should? or even open at all?
"No well engineered plan survives contact with reality"

DCurry

Quote from: Sparky on December 07, 2007, 09:15:32 PMOK so you download the app to warn you or tell you what version the document will open in...

Is this going to act like the old "Pateboard Extension" did in version 3.2 > 4.0  so unless the "receiver" of the document has this app it won't open in the version it should? or even open at all?

I doubt it - the Pasteboard XT added functionality to actual Xpress docs - this appears to just tell your computer which version of Quark to open the doc with.