NEWSFLASH! Quark still sucks...

Started by Joe, November 30, 2012, 03:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duffy

Quote from: G_Town on December 03, 2012, 12:37:58 PM
Quote from: t-pat on December 03, 2012, 10:42:23 AM
Quote from: G_Town on December 03, 2012, 10:06:02 AMLemmie asks yas this....

Customer sends in file with copy running into the glue flap by about 1/16" we use a QA software that basically compares their supplied low res proof PDF to the one we generate once the file has been prepped. Since it sees no difference it doesn't flag the issue, sure it would have been nice if we had caught it but....

How responsible are we if we duplicate exactly what they sent us?

The customer seems to except responsibility but the salesman goes into hysterics that we should have caught it bla bla bla....

What standard to you hold your customers supplied files to?

no standard other than "just make it work"   :shoots_self:

This pisser is the customer more or or less agrees they screwed the pooch then the sales puke throws us under the bus to the customer, I mean wtf who pays your salary dude? :death:

It is always nice to remind him of that bus when he brings in that rush job, with no paperwork, 15 minutes before you are leaving that used to you stay and get out for him just because....
Eyeballing shit is for titty-bars, NOT laying out files. DCS 7/12

Slappy

Sounds like one of our sales slimes today. Client is bitching about a job that delivered with a badly formatted phone numer. Something tah tshould have been like 000-111-2222 but ran as 000111-2222 and it was their submitted art, was proofed blah blah blah. I stood there as he was whining to the CSR about "what we were going to do about it" and calmly said. "Do? Tell 'em to proof their jobs more carefully!" He did not even see that as an option. :rolleyes:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

gnubler

Quote from: Slappy on December 04, 2012, 01:37:59 PMSomething tah tshould

Are you sure it wasn't your fault? :hello:

Always blame prepress. Always.™
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

gnubler

gawd I hate quark. More than ever before!

Farabomb

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

gnubler

I feel yours also. Prepress to prepress.  :afro:

Tracy

gnubler

No, just a CMYK "spot" color and random tracking values within words and lines of text.  :shoots_self:

pspdfppdfxhd

Quark sucks? Wtf, when did that happen?  :drunk3:

gnubler

Sometime soon after 4.11. So, about 10 yrs ago. What u been doin?  :drunk3:  Prepress?

Today at work I found an old prepress work log from old predecessors starting in 2000. I read some "comments" about Pagemaker, apparently it wasn't working.  :laugh:

On the prepress wishlist was a "CD burner" and some SCSI thing.  :huh:

pspdfppdfxhd

SSCI shit used ta suck, ya amen bro.  :drunk3: :drunk3:

DigiCorn

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on January 05, 2013, 06:05:46 PMSSCI shit used ta suck, ya amen bro.  :drunk3: :drunk3:
OMG! Remember SCSI Zips, Syquests, daisy chaining and terminators?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

gnubler

Remember how much quark sucks?

I just dearchived a file from 1998 and quark 8 would NOT open it.  :laugh:  I have q2id in CS3 and it worked like a charm.

Bye quark!

gnubler