Movie upload site

Started by frailer, February 10, 2013, 12:28:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Want to occasionally upload very short videos. Am paying for photo upload at smugmug, which is great, but I think I'd have to pay for a video upgrade. Before I do, what do you guys know about cheap upload/hosting; so the watcher doesn't have to download?
I don't think free sites like photobucket are worth shit, as you pay in other ways, like re-rezzing on upload, ads etc. But I don't want to pay a fortune for capacity I won't use.
Thanks
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

frailer

Tempe_Sydney

I had no idea DropBox could directly host a video link. Just thought I'd try it.
From the IKEA carpark.

:homer:   -----> Testing, one, choo on the FujiFilm X10.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

Joe

I know you are trying to ween yourself from the Goog but Youtube is known to host a few video files.

Or Vimeo if you really don't want to use the Goog.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

:laugh:   Yeah, should have stipulated, "other than YouTube"...  They wouldn't qualify as being YT-worthy, TBH. I'd just be adding to the mass of garbage that's up there already.
But DB seems to do the trick.   :undecided:

Via smugmug. Nicer.

frailer