Started by DigiCorn, June 20, 2013, 08:43:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

oh, forgot this...    :sarcasm:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigiCorn

Quote from: Grimace on June 25, 2013, 10:23:07 AM
Quote from: DigiCorn on June 25, 2013, 08:54:30 AMBoss wants me to fuck with the machine this morning and do a head alignment...  :givebeer:

Is your boss like mine and tries to put every new job on the shiny new unproven devise?

I tried some synthetic stock for our copier and had good results. Next thing i know i'm being given a job with a full 12 x 18 solid coverage of a PMS 3292, that the customer wants matched exactly. Yay.

Anyway, have fun and good luck.
No - when we first got this, we got poster job for something in the $10-15k billing range, and then he went on vacation. I had 4 hours of training on the machine and it was my first time running it, and I got these funky lines, with no idea how to fix it. To this day, it still makes those lines on 4-pass and no one knows how to make them go away. Personally, I think the static build up on the first shitty set of rollers zapped and damaged the print head, but what do I know? I just run the fucking thing every day with no training on it.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Possum

Oh, four whole hours of training and you should know everything there is to know about it, right? Sounds familiar.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

t-pat

I got 4 hours of training out of the 40 hours I was supposed to get on GMC. The other 36 hours were spent by the trainer to program a job for this idiot saleswitch. Meanwhile I'm fumbling around trying to learn this extremely complex software on my own and with email support. Fucking awesome.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait